Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine Day

Reading something I’ve written down makes me smirk at times. Idiiih norak, masa seh, wuaduuh,… but I remember that it’s a honest feeling that pushes so hard to make me writing it down in such a way while other times I try to hide or I don’t really know.
In Secondary High School, we went for a retreat, and after one night, I don’t know how, they pushed us to acknowledge parent’s love and to say it to them through a letter. Then they sent it directly to the parents instead of relying on us to give it to them. When I went back home, I read the letter and I know I would never be able to write something like that and actually give it to them, I’m so glad that they did it that way, I’m not really good in expressing my feelings, at all.

Valentine! Is just a day away…. People either hate it or love it. Me? Huh…I stand in the middle, I don’t even know why the heck people do what they do in Valentine.
Flower? Chocolate? Movie? Dinner? It’s sooo ordinary…, it’s nice gesture, but half a world do the same thing leeeh…at least I know half of Singaporean do that.

I imagine a girl having to ‘go out’ on Valentine day, wear something nice and smelled like flower in the spring, sit nicely, trying to look posh and to hide some belly, pay enough attention to the guy and the rest of it to the way she look, laugh softly (it’s hell for them to show gum) when he makes a joke, goes to the bathroom often to top-up the make up. Weee… it doesn’t sound romantic to me.

And it reminds me of one of Hubby friend’s remark, he is always fascinated with ‘alien girls’, the one who looks their best, but have undoubtful similarity with aliens. When they eat, they open their lips wide in every direction, follow after me, and a set of teeth will come out to bite the food or the straw when they drink. Mission: to avoid the food or drink ruins their lipstick.
If I became an actor one day, I’ll remember this remark every time I need to laugh. This friend is the good example for unwilling romantic boyfriend. He will make so much noise and rip off his hair few days before birthdays, anniversary, Valentine, Christmas because he has the pressure to buy something or go somewhere or he would have to spend those days like hell.
Wait, I have another remark from him,
“I try to subscribe this DVD Rental membership for sometimes, I went through great deal of distance to make my first renting thinking of enjoying action blast, @#%#^% my girlfriend rented Stuart Little 1 and *&(%@#% Stuart Little 2!"
He he ho he he..
Priceless…. :)

Eits, back to the topic. I mean flower, dining are fine but both have to enjoy it romantically, not because of something politically correct or something 'I do because other people do.'
My colleague just told me that last year, he had three girlfriends, so he went out with them a day before, a day after and on Valentine itself. Doooh…

So, IMHO, it’s more romantic to do something else, which is unique, like go up to a hill (or rooftop!), lie down on the grass and watch the stars. Bring some light food and have a fun picnic and chat. Or instead of bringing flowers which will die in few days, go to the flower field and enjoy it, instead of expensive and ordinary diamond, make your own necklace and bracelet with some simple shell found on the beach.
Important: do something barefoot.
More important: any other days will do. Valentine is just another day.

What I know now is that my Korean friend may have to eat another black noodle. They said guys eat Korean blacky2 noodle when they have no girlfriends on Valentine day. Actually, It tastes quite nice. :)

One more thing, I heard the news that Hollywood are going to make Baywatch movie: What’s wrong with these people?!?
And why the heck U2 had to collaborate with Mary J and spoilt a good song? They sound good on their own. O-n t-h-e-i-r o-w-n. Together, it’s chicken farm. Noisy. ~: >

___________________________________________________________________________________

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you.
- Joey Adams

The minute a man is convinced that he's interesting, he isn't.
- Stephen Leacock

Man has will, but woman has her way.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's. She changes it more often.
- Oliver Herford

Men have a much better time of it than women. For one thing, they marry later, for another thing, they die earlier.
- H. L. Mencken

My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
- Tim Allen

I thought 'Deep Throat' was a movie about a giraffe.
- Bob Hope