Monday, February 06, 2006

Lizardily

I’m scared of lizards. It’s not a phobia, it’s not extreme, but I hate to be in the same room with it. I watched TV halfway few times last weekend because there was one on the ceiling above my head.

Let me try, creamy smooth rubbery skin, sometimes they looked transparent because they like to stay near the light, you can see the internal organs and veins, they have big black eyes and they like to open their mouth wide while they look at you. They have hands, almost the same like us, make us wonder how many seconds do we have before they fall and land in your face. If they do, the tail would be detached and it would jump into your ears.
Scared now?
Not to mention that they are stupid. They like to hide inside the door and window frame, imagine one day you actually crush them and squeeze their rubbery body. Gosh!
I’ve never really actually disgusted by them unless, one day, thanks to my cat, she killed one and left it on the floor. I stepped on that, and it stuck. I was so freaked out and kept kicking until, thank God, it went off. Yuck! It happened twice. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

You know the drill that when an animal bites you, they have this stubborn habit not to let go. My friend told me he had been bitten by gecko before, that ugly thing stuck stubbornly and looked at him directly in the eyes while he tried to shake it off his finger. Last weeks, while I was sitting on the beach waiting for my friends, I was bitten by a big bug in the arm. It didn’t move no matter how hard I shook it, lucky I was not afraid of bug, so I could look at it and snapped it away with my middle and thumb finger. I couldn’t imagine if I had to do it with lizard.

I scared of mannequin when I was a child. One day, few months ago, I went to a sport store when there was a mannequin, an athlete preparing to jump into water, mannequin for Speedo. When I walked pass it, Hubby happened to grab my hand. He stood on my right, but for some reason he grabbed my left hand, and the mannequin was nungging on my left. I jumped so high and for spilt seconds, I did believe that it was the one who grabbed me. Although I still make fun of them, sometimes I peek (if they are male mannequin wearing underwear with bulging…uhm…I tend to get kepo, for your information, socks usually is the reason), but deep inside I think I still afraid of them.

I avoid people with costume. Mascots, barongsai and worse, clowns. I won’t be freak out but I won’t stand near them intentionally. I dislike people with very very dark sunglass too, if I don’t see their eyes, I don’t trust them and don’t feel like talking to them even if they are someone that I know.

So far, I’m quite normal, nothing extreme. I heard my friend’s phobia, sometimes it’s ridiculous, but it must be hard to have. One of my friends has to count the staircase he walks, always, while other couldn’t stand of rubber band, even though it attached to the most attractive girl’s hair.

...

...


Can you tell that I’m bored?


___________________________________________________________________________________

Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
- Steven Wright

Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished.
- Leslie Nielsen

Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac who stays up all night wondering if there really is a Dog?
- Anonymous

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman where the Self Help section was. She said if she told me it would defeat the purpose.
- Dennis Miller

A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he is, tells you.
- B.L. Taylor.

I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face."
I said, "You'll be sorry."
He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"
I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

- Emo Philips

I thought I'd begin by reading a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.
- Spike Milligan

I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
- Steven Wright