Monday, February 20, 2006

My Chili Crab Weekend

Today, I look like chili crab.
I had my worst sunburn yesterday, not tan, but burn, my face, upper palm and leg have this ‘delicious’ very red color, it hurts when toweled. (Is towel a verb?)
That’s because I spent five hours between ten to three, the worst type of sunshine of a day, in swimming pool on the hottest day. My friend’s car thermo showed it’s 36 degrees. It beats my one-week diving holiday or my any other rock climbing under the sun day.
We needed to take the pool class to pass our next certification, instead of two sessions after working hour, we decided to wrap it all in one Sunday. Instead of wearing full wetsuit, we used a vest/rash guard and short/ bicycle pant. Because we were playing with water, we didn’t feel much of the heat, until I heard my own scream of horror in the changing room, when I saw the line on my leg. I’m going to wear ‘built-in’ short, have different type of palm and head for few weeks, months, or maybe unknown period of time.
I love golden tan after holiday, but chili crab burnt after one day in swimming pool, doesn’t sound cool at all.

We had a tiring Saturday trying to fix household thing up. Things haven’t been going well this few months.
My electric cable on bathroom switch was disconnected, therefore I had a few shocks every time I turned on/off the light. Few shocks (not because I was stubbornly stupid) because I hit once, second I had to make sure, third I had to reconstruct the event, forth to test it when it had been repaired, first repair failed, and fifth to test it again. After it had been fixed, the damn thing disconnected again after few weeks. Now it’s set.
My bedroom light made a small explosion, the ^%&#^%# previous owner installed a herd of lamp (five lamps!) in one fitting, so we had to test up the point one by one to find out which one was failed. Bloody tedious! Now it’s set.
My bathroom light, off just like that, so we changed the bulb, and it was ok. Few weeks later, it’s off again, we changed bulb, it was oke for few hours, only. We haven’t fixed this one yet.
My storeroom light, again, off. Seems like the previous owner invented the light by himself, we couldn’t find the matching light bulb with the existing one.

Forget about bloody lights, we had another bigger problem. Our aircon had a leak. It leaked to the next-door bedroom, the one my parents use when they are here. So these few days, there was a pool of water in the floor every morning. We called the aircon guy, other than servicing the aircons, he refused to tackle the problem; he said we needed an interior expert (with special equipment) to cut a hole in the cupboard (it’s a built-in cupboard) before he could fix the pipe. We gave him the authority to whack the cupboard, he still refused, said we need another appointment, because it would take half a day which he didn’t have. Doh!

After he left, Hubby used cutter, in less than fifteen minutes he opened the hole in the cupboard. And that guy &(*%%($(^** gave us the wrong opening point. We decided to give it a try before we hacked another part of cupboard. Next day, no leaking at all. It might be just the clogged aircon pipe which was alright after servicing. Lucky we never called ‘cupboard expert’ guy and the aircon guy again and pay useless bucks.

So that was my chili crab weekend. Hope you have a nice and hot one too. :)

P.S: Is it only me? Everytime I hear Alicia Key's song My Beau, it sounds like my boob...

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm moving to Mars next week, so if you have any boxes...
- Steven Wright

People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy -- and I keep it in a jar on my desk.
- Stephen King

We used to play spin the bottle when I was a kid. A girl would spin the bottle and if it pointed to you when it stopped, the girl could either kiss you or give you a dime. By the time I was 14, I owned my own home.
- Gene Perret

A poet that reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits.
- Unknown

I'm astounded by people who want to "know" the Universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.
- Woody Allen