Monday, February 06, 2006

Cartoons

Doooooohhh…… cartoons.
I’ve always avoided discussing sensitive things, but sometimes I fall into temptation.

Without intention to offend anyone, I feel less and less and less towards religion. Somehow I feel they are just something controlled by human, and it depends on the subject how to interpret and distort them. History tells, religion is most violent killer; number one reason people justify killings.

I don’t like people being categorized and judges by religion. I was not born Christian, I adopt partial concept of it, but if someone asks me, I am considered Christian.
Do I go to church every week? No.
Do I listen to preachers? Only if they are able to keep me awake.
Do I believe in what they say? Sometimes. Other times I roll my eyes, and if they keep shouting for me to fight the devil, that those who don’t believe in God should go to hell, and pressure me to drop a lot of money into the basket, I'd leave the church and go for lunch. If I wanted to hear someone badmouth about others, I’d rather buy gossip tabloid.
Is it impossible to talk about religion in peace? No. I had the most interesting conversations with a Muslim friend I met in 1995, we spent a week in an activity together, and we were able to talk about that better than two people arguing about the concept of architecture in midyear presentation.
If a Muslim walks to me and slaps me? I whack him/her into pulp if I’m able to, unless he/she has good reason for that.
If a Christian walks to me and slaps me? I whack him/her into pulp if I’m able to, unless he/she has good reason for that.
If a Karate champion walks to me and slaps me? I run. The other day I make sure I have a chance to kick him/her on the groin, maybe when she/he is looking to another direction.

What I’m saying, whoever, if they believe they have their own good judgments, should trust themselves. A preacher is a human; Bible and Quran were made by human. Nothing justifies them to be better if you feel they are not. If someone offends, see them as a jerk, pervert or whatever, but not as a Muslim, Christian or Buddhist etc.

Provocateurs, religion mail spammers, cartoonists, they are used by someone or using someone else to get into their real agendas; politic, economy. To fulfill those real agendas, sometimes they use the most powerful tools, religions. To bad it’s so powerful that many people falls into it. Even by talking about that, in hatred and anger, it has successfully provoked someone in smaller scale.

Now go to the corner and pretend that I’ve never tempted to write this crap.


____________________________________________________________________________________

My country is the world and my religion is to do good.
- Thomas Paine

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
- Mohandas Gandhi

If one were to take the bible seriously, one would go mad. But to take the bible seriously, one must be already mad.
- Aleister Crowley

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
- Emo Philips

The penalty for censoring what your children are taught is children who are no brighter than you.
- Unknown (Andrew David Hartman?)

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
– Gandhi