Monday, February 27, 2006

Single

Pundung…so pundung
I want to rant, I want to talk nonsense, write whining posts, but I guess, it will make me more pundung……. So instead, I try to avoid that and write something light while trying to peel my hand.
After sunburn, things get nasty. My head is peeling, my hand is peeling. When I went to Bali in 2002, I did the traditional hairstyle ala half Jamaican by embok2, so my head was exposed like farm, there were rows and column, and I had fun like there was no tomorrow.
Rode motorcycle for hours with short pants, have you ever heard about well done knee? And went sea dipping in the middle of the day, by only jumping up and down near the shore or ran to the middle of the ocean and tried to ride the bogey boy how to spell that flat2 thing, more like surf board for novice? :)
Anyway, I had my worst sunburn that time, and a week after, my scalp was peeling like a perfect shrimp. Big big piece. Eeww….but cool mhaha.. so what I had during weekend was something like that, now something similar is happening to my upper palm too.
Busy busy busy, corn flakes for breakfast anyone?

I was single on Saturday.

Didn’t feel like going home so I took a walk by myself. No, no domestic problem, Hubby needed to accompany his relatives so I decided to take a stroll by myself; I’m not good in socializing anyway.

And apparently, I couldn’t get used to it anymore. It was a lonely shopping trip, uhuk sniff sniff slurprut, I thought I had spent great deal of time, when I looked at the watch, only few minutes. Wanted to catch a movie, thinking of watching The Constant Gardener or Brokeback Mountain or Munich.
The Constant Gardener sounds good and it has Ralph Fiennes in it, wink wink, Brokeback may not be something on my taste but it has good review, so I thought I could give it a try, Munich sounds dark and mysterious but I wouldn’t see depressing movie alone. Man, that would be more depressing.

So I went to mall #1, the cinema didn’t have any of that, they have Pink Panther, pfft, what Wolf Creek (Never heard but now I think it could be good?) or, Rumour Has It, some local and Chinese movies, The Fog and can’t remember titles.

So I went to mall #2, on the entrance, the trailer of The Constant Gardener was playing. I approached the ticket auntie.

“Miss (I always call aunties Miss, otherwise they would frown, and by calling them Miss, they call me Siaw Mei Mei, mhehehhehe, tit for tat), can I buy the ticket for that movie?”

“Whoa, we don’t have it here. You have to try in the theatre near the town.”

She was very helpful and friendly, she gave me information about the far away theatre (I was in town in the morning, so I wouldn’t get back there only to catch a movie (by my own :”( ).

“Uh, what about Brokeback Mountain?”

“That one don’t have alsooo. Hayah…my friend said it’s soo boring.”

“Hah? Boring mehh? I heard it was good.”

“Boring. Boring. Really.” She nodded like doggie on the dashboard.

So I thanked her, walked around and saw Rumour Has It poster. I don’t really like watching ‘common’ drama in the cinema. Waste money. He… With my current developed and twisted ‘mature’ mind, I can predict the plot of dramas too good that I hardly can enjoy or have expressions except flat face along the way. I watched Without A Trace few minutes and most I could perfectly tell the rest of the plot, including the twists, let alone romantic dramas, it’s all so typical.

So I tried again to Mall #3, and the options are still the same. I was furious, I needed to kill time and the only fast option was cinema. I tried shopping, but seems like my shopping sense was closed for that day. I went to Timezone and watched people play but it was too crowded. Okay, finally I decided to watch Rumour Has It, something light would do.
I bought the ticket.

“How many?”

“One.”

“Hah? One Only?” She made it capitalized as if it’s a story title.
After I held the ticket, I started to doubt my decision, I realized it was quite weird here to watch movie alone. Everyone was either in groups or couple. And the *tut* thing, it was Saturday night and I was going to watch romantic drama! Alone, wearing a wedding ring.
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I waited and waited, bought jumbo sausage, sat in the bar seat, watched video clip or waited in the lounge for the cinema seating sign. There were a few people standing alone, but one by one met someone by appointment. Huh. When my theatre was finally opened, I stormed in and found myself alone in the cinema. Hiii…I remembered my high school friend’s story about flying head in front of the screen, and the freshest one, first hand from my college, about the faceless cinemagoers he met. So I called Hubby and talked until other customers walked in. Phew.
I sat next to aisle and five seats next to me were empty (I thought I could camouflage my solitary). Huh. And the lights were damn bright. He…Just over sensitive that someone would comment about me alone. Usually I was the one who like to make up story.
Like when I see a couple with black faces. They must have been fighting. Or no flower, no diamond, no smile. Punching one another. Cheap mascara. Or eye bag. Or they forget to lift the tea bag.
Guy who walks uncomfortably with his girlfriend. He wears jeans and shirt, while girl wears gown with Pretty Woman’s boot and cowbell size pendant. Different perception of dating and character. Blind date. Wrong address. Operation payback.
Or the guy must have choked himself when they met.

Woman with three children running and screaming in the train while no husband to be seen. Bad husband, ignorant, cruel, ugly… Miscontraception.

Bla bla bla.

I know I shouldn’t be oversensitive, so I just sat there munching my jumbo sausage.

___________________________________________________________________________________

When I asked my accountant if anything could get me out of this mess I am in now he thought for a long time and said, 'Yes, death would help'.
- Robert Morley.

A psychiatrist is a man who goes to a strip club and watches the audience.
- Merv Stockwood.

A violin is the revenge exacted by the intestines of a dead cat.
- Ambrose Bierce

I'm so unlucky that if I was to fall into a barrel of nipples I'd come out sucking my thumb.
- Freddie Starr.


I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, "Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours." He said, "Yes, but not in a row."
- Steven Wright

Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats.
- Woody Allen

Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.
- Johnny Carson

In the end, everything is a gag.
- Charlie Chaplin