Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Afternoon Time

This was meant to be posted yesterday, but I forgot where was my work cubicle

In the afternoon, if I’m nowhere to be seen, that means I sneak out from office. Seems like I always talk about being bored at work, sleepy etc as if my work is so free and boring. Actually, not really, it’s just sometime I have to leave my computer alone. It doesn’t fancy looking at me all day, so I have to give it some space and personal time.

There is a mall under the office tower, it’s a very quiet mall. Retailers come and go, but it’s not bad for passing time, especially when a bookstore happens to survive. Just now, it was quite happening. Guys and girls were crowding in the gift shop, in front of Valentine Card display, flower or soft toy. Last minute nih yeee…
There were two teenager students trying to buy gifts for their girlfriends or girlfriend-to-be.
“Waduh, this ugly thing costs 8 dollar. Don’t want lahhhh, not worth it. To think that I’ll need to starve for few days…”
“You see?” Another was holding a tiny pink paper bag, “This costs two dollars. Such a meaningless thing. But what to doooo, that fits my budget.”
Poor school boys. Society pressure. And they might not get the girl. Doooh.

Saw a middle age uncle, he was posing in front of mirror with a necklace and big purple pendant attached to it. One glance was enough to confirm that it’s ugly. Even the sales person tried to tell him.
“Uncle….sure or noooot…??”
The uncle insisted.
I wanted to stay longer to know whether he’d buy it, but it would be too obvious.

I visited the bookstore to browse the books they have there to pass time, not to buy. But I was too tempted because I found a very cute book, warning…advertisement…it’s a picture book by Bradley Trevor Greive. Small size, almost unnoticed, come with different colors and titles; Blue day book, The Truth about Motherhood and The Truth About Love. Every page consists of a picture and one or two sentences, cute animals pictures, not cute like cute puppies all over the book. Mind you, cute means ugly but adorable, so cute animal picture significant with the content of the sentences. Good and I guarantee it will make everyone smile. If you find that you are not smiling after half a book, I suggest that you cut the rest of your nerves too. Each book can be finished in few minutes, so psst, you can read them without buying, but it makes a nice gift.

Argh…I have one very pink top, I had avoided it for quite sometime because I didn’t want to be associated with Chinese New Year fashion trend group. Since Cap Goh Meh had just passed by, I thought it’s safe to wear it today, and I forgooooot that today is Valentine…Dooooooooooooh.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I would rather serve with a polygamist who doesn't polyg than with a monogamist who doesn't monog.
- Unidentified Senator

Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.
- Mignon McLaughlin

How do I work? I grope.
- Albert Einstein

Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.
- Jerry Seinfeld.

You piss me off you Salmon... You're too expensive in restaurants.
- Eddie Izzard