Monday, April 03, 2006

They Do Exist....

There are some people with this kind of annoying look. See, they are innocent, they are not ugly, they don’t harm me, and they don’t even have something to do with me. But they have this type of intimidating eyes and body languages that make me feel uncomfortable even just to pass by them in the corridor. Uncomfortable as in I feel like I desperately want to be angry and frown or give them a piece of mind, but I caaaan’t, because they don’t do anything wrong, that makes it more annoying!

How do I describe it…if I cross path to this person, she will look into my eyes and fix it with annoying look until I pass by, then with the same grade annoying knowing smile, I know something you don’t..he..he..he..kikiki kind of smile, then the body language is like flying and swaying, but believe me, not in sensual categorize, then, sometimes she includes a small chuckle. Even though when she is in the middle of conversation with someone, she will stop and give the annoying habit when I pass by, until I disappear from her sight.
Nothing right? I know…since the first time I tried to convince myself that I have to shut down the urge to frown or nyanyanyah stick out my tongue, but day to day, the urge has never subsided, even now, I unconsciously really stick out my tongue after she passes by. Don’t mean to hide it, but I don’t want to be involved in Q & A about why and moral and humanity and logic and reasoning.

I guess a lot of people choose to appear whatever they like. I have this Pilipino colleague, he used to sit in the corner of the room, and he was alwayssss very quiet, even when we crossed path, and I tried to give a friendly smile, it’s impossible! He always looked down to his shoes, with ninety-degree head to his body, but he smiled, to his shoes, because he refused to look at everybody.

Then one day, he was moved to another room, he changed 180 degree. When I met him in the lift lobby, he was like, Hey, how are you? Busy? How is work? Where do you stay? Then laugh and laugh like old friend. I was very stunned that on the first encounter I only stood there with budging eyes. Because we always leave office around the same time, I meet him quite often in the lift lobby, he is very talkative, he talks about his country, family life, works etc etc. He also over excited in another office encounter, something like we’ve just meet after twenty years apart and we used to be best friend. Weird huh? Talk about the very very shy and mute guy, or maybe, my division scared him out last time.
Don’t look at their eyes, they are deeeemooon…look down…recognize the shoes..

Then there is also one weird guy. He holds a high position. One day, he came to me and asked me about my colleague, who sat next to me.

Hey, where is Pokijan?

I don't know.

Hayahhhhh…but I need him…do you know where is he?

No.

Any chance to contact him?

I have no idea.

No? Are you sure you don’t know where is he?

I was starting to boil at this time. It was a very busy day, and my computer just crashed. I always sure that crashed computer gives me the ability to be murderous. And I always piss off with those people who need my colleague, and when I tell them I don’t know where the hell he is (I happen to be his nearest neighbor and we share the same telephone number), people would be like Hah? You don’t know? Then how….this…that…. Why he is not around? Where the hell is he? Somethinggg like that….and this colleague of mine seems like the type who likes to leave anytime for a break or coffee, to cut a long story short, I have this kind of grudge about how people respond to his absent and pour it to me.

Anyway, he talked again.

I really need him you know.

I gave him I’ll kill you look.

Does he never tell you where he is?

No.

You don’t have his phone number?

No.

Do you know how to contact him?

Can you believe this guy actually holds a high position? All the while he was block by chest high partition, so I stood up and looked at him.

'Look, I told you many times that I don’t know where is he.'

Hey, I was polite, I didn’t shout, I didn’t yell, but I guess my face was as black as coal miner and the tone that I used must be very bad, that he glanced at me, one time, swallowed his saliva, and disappeared.

Talking about how I admire men to be able to let bygones be bygones, this one is a rare case. He hates me since then. He avoids talking or looking at me. He rather stands behind me, hoping desperately that someone else will pass by, so he can ask about Pokijan, rather than asking me myself. Thanks Heavens!
But I really despise this kind of guy, what a childish behavior, I am the one who suppose to be mad. If I didn’t control myself and throw things (like monitor or chair) at him, as what I originally intended to do, I don’t know how he will take it. Lately, my colleague secretly told me that he might be a Brokeback. I don’t say that it should explains, because I don’t know the characteristic about them, but my friend concludes that they are much much more sensitive than girls.
Oh.
Not offending anyone, that’s my colleague’s say, so contact me for his full address in case anyone offended and wants to beat him up.

-

Pokijan is not the real name.
Any resembles to the living thing is completely intentional. : )


__________________________________________________________________________

Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.
- Unknown

It is ill manner to silence a fool, and a cruelty to let him go on.
- Benjamin Franklin