Monday, April 17, 2006

Thought For The Day

Have you ever noticed, that when we queue for a water dispenser, and a person in front of us press the trap really hard to show appreciation to you that he is rushing, he tries to shorten your waiting time….but of course, pressing the trap hard or harder, it doesn’t change the water flow, I guess, the point it, those who wait see your effort, see that you are trying, at least more effort than press with one finger and the other hand do some other chores; like eating some instant noodle, or typing a letter or as simple as scratching your butt or other’s.
So it’s about social appreciation.

Easter weekend was really a hedonic life. It was wonderful to do nothing important but lazing around, the most thing I did was watching Keeping Mum, a movie by Rowan Atkinson, and it was good. Funny and fun. And the British accent stick in my mind.
I found that I almost always write on Monday. Maybe because Monday is the longest day in a week. When we sit in the office, ten minutes, twenty,…Hey, where is the weekend? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?..

On Thursday, I found a pamphlet on my table; I saw it on other’s table too. I suspect that the person who distributes it is the same person who likes to deliver mysterious Christmas, Easter Gifts like one-piece calendar or bookmark with those passages from bible. That Thursday, she delivered the pamphlet, I guess, something like, the Church Response to Da Vinci Code, by the book and by the movie.

I was quite amazed by it, they quoted, and they pinpointed about why this and that are wrong. The funny thing was, they said a lot of things are untrue in the novel, seen from the source that Dan Brown had picked, and that’s according to some professor in some University. I mean, what convinces me to think that this professor from some Uni is more right that an historian quoted by an author? Both of those are fairy tales, I would rather believe that if I kicked somebody, they would kick me back.
It’s not even a strong argument. Trying to prove a don’t know whether it’s sure source with don’t know whether it’s qualified source, poor quality defense is worse than silence. It tastes like conspiracy theory or hidden political agenda.

If someone bases their faith on the building they visit every Sunday, and believe every words of a person standing on the stage interpreting the Bible regardless what and do whatever they suggest without trying to see with their own eyes, it’s hardly a religion, it’s almost a cult. Maybe they are the people that the Church are afraid of losing. The people, the donation,..

Personally, why should we care what was the real history, whether Jesus was the real Son on God or just a human, or married or single, because I think what important is that he is a very kind and humble person, he teaches good, and he cares about other people, the step that a human wants to follow.

I guess it’s right to say that religion is based on the heart.

Well? Heavy start for a week, huh?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Beware of the man whose God is in the skies.
- George Bernard Shaw

One man’s religion neither harms nor helps another man.
- Tertullian

Religion’s in the heart, not the knees.
- Douglas William Jerrold

I love mankind, it’s the people I can’t stand.
- Charles Monroe Schulz

Behold, the fool saith, “Put not all three eggs in the one basket.” – Which is but a manner of saying, “ Scatter your money and your attention,” but the wise man saith,” Put all your eggs in the one basket and – Watch the basket.”
- Mark Twain