Friday, March 31, 2006

Rem-ember

Remember the friend in previous post, my best friend whom I wanted to learn from about patience and positive thinking…
Indeed, she made me realize that I am very lucky, that not only look up, we have to look down. But, I just confirmed than she is really unhappy. All the times I managed to call her in the past, she didn’t have the chance to talk, but two days ago, she had it and I learned the harsh truth.

So, does it mean that I was right six years ago? Maybe not. Maybe yes. Everything could go wrong in marriage, something nobody knows until they are in.
Upon hearing her story, that most thing that hit my head was that I don’t know how to help her. She is stuck, but she doesn’t consider how to go out because she thought she is not capable to. She doesn’t have job, income, somebody nearby and she has two children.
She doesn’t have the luxury of technology, there is no way I can contact her except by phone, that means she is mostly isolated to the world and opportunity to work on her own. Her problem is not the same and as bad as other marriage problem, but she lives with a stranger.

She can endure, she says, but I don’t want her to, but I don’t know how. I told her to let me know if she ever needs my help, but bitterly, I thought, how?

Adult life. Pissing.

I don’t wanna grow up, I wanna be Toys R Us’s Kid
There are million toys at Toy R Us that I can play with
Dabba dum dabba dabba dum..


They say, when we grow old we are mentally go back to being a child. I see elderly throw tantrum, and how easy for them to get excited over small things, and how serious they play games in elder’s house.

I met two this week. I was strolling in a supermarket looking at a row of sanitary napkins. Then the end of my eye caught a at least eighty years old granny, she was looking into the same things, she chose, she compared, and adding to my wider and wider eyes, she came to me and to my horror, asked for my advise about which and which brand.

This morning I heard super strong crazy rock music from an old auntie whose friend might sitting in the park watching Chinese opera.

See? I told you…
Young at heart, shoot your spirit high..
Try to fly a paper plane to your boss’s forehead. Chances are, he might play with you, or you have a new boss to try with....


_________________________________________________________________________________

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.
- Rowan Atkinson.

You cannot have everything. I mean, where would you put it?
- Steven Wright

I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're dead.
- Samuel Goldwyn

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

Lady Astor : If I were your wife, I should flavour your coffee with poison!
Sir Winston : And if I were your husband, madam, I should drink it.
- Sir Winston Churchill

But I am not so think as you drunk I am.
- Sir J.C. Squire