Monday, March 27, 2006

The Quarreling Couple In Toa Pa Yoh....

Saturday afternoon, me and Hubby were wandering around Toa Pa Yoh.
Toa Pa Yoh is some kind of place like Jakarta’s Pasar Baru I guess. So, shops and stalls are scattered along the pavement, where we can buy thing in reasonable price, and with bargaining skill, we might get more. But, here, I don’t really like to bargain, unless the seller is friendly, otherwise, you might get scolded, and for girls, hah, being scolded means a turning point of mood.

I’ve seen a lot, including myself, cherish sunny mood could suddenly becomes black circle lighting and thunder just because someone being rude to a woman. It’s sooo easy to make our days.
I know a friend who was grumbling the whole afternoon just because someone criticized her for being late, someone with terrible plan for revenge (although she didn’t do it but she regretted she didn’t do it) just because a stranger took a ‘not so nice’ picture out of flavor and the stranger didn’t really understand the technical thing of her camera.
Or my lunch mate who holds grudge against a guy who never held a door for her, although she opened it with her access card.
Or, me, after being teased on the street, go home, curse and swear about the whole community of men.

That’s why I can’t really understand why lesbian relationship exists. I think it’s hard enough to be with creature calls woman, that only man with opposite style of thinking and attitude can endure. It’s hard enough to handle own mood and to understand the way of own thinking, let alone being with another creature with the same character.

Sometimes, a lot of times, I do envy the ways man thinks.
Only
Girls curse and jump over stupid characters in dramas.
Girls lose sleep over a sad and ‘inspiring’ movie and make sequel in their dreams.
Girls develop long-felt serious crush over heroic actors in movie. I guess guys do that too, but I’m sure they won’t write about it in the scented diary or stare into the posters with hope and sorrow. (Many of my friends still do that!)
Girls say nothing is wrong when something is obviously wrong.
Girls feel like resolved argument is just a prequel.
Girls can make the whole lot long story and prediction over one minute of a guy attitude towards her or other girls.
Girls won’t let go a matter easily, if it hurts her badly, it will always be fresh in her mind. Easy say, girls forgive, but never forget.

Mind you, fyi, those are not my personal experiences. Wee’.. !
I do have few, I like to curse stupid characters, I dream about being a secret agent after watching a movie, and although I tried, I have some wounds that I would never forget although I forgave, and I like to do stupid analyzing.
That’s why, I guess, it must be really nice to be a guy, when they can really let go all the personal grudge tomorrow, what happened yesterday, it’s the matter of yesterday. If someone being rude, stick out a tongue and few steps later, they are back to the original mood, they won’t let bad things destroy the rest of the day. When men quarrel, after few steps or few days, they are back as usual with each other. I think it shows some good self-control or maybe, memory of goldfish, which I believe, they really have! Huhahahhaha…
I find that girls are good in number, while I was having difficulty closing my jaw when my male friend asked me “What month it is?” and Hubby “Er…what year is it?”

Okay, I tend to jump to nowhere while talking about something else. Nah, that’s another difference with guys. I see that my Dad and Hubby have good navigation when there are in shopping malls. So, we go this way first, then go along with the shops so we cover anything. While me and Mom have very distracted pattern of shopping. Hey, shinny things! We rush to the other side. Hey, three cups bra! We run to the other end. Hey, ice cream! and zag back.

See? It happens again. SO, we were at Toa Pa Yoh, and there was a couple quarrelling in front of us, it was quite a sad scene, the girl pushed the guy and…

Hey! Fluorescent light!



____________________________________________________________________________________

Men Philosophy:

- If we say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other way.

- You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done - not both.

- Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

- If you must take us with you into Victoria's Secret, never, EVER leave us alone. All the old fat ladies make mean faces at us and only add to our discomfort.


I was on a date recently, and the guy took me horseback riding. That was kind of fun, until we ran out of quarters.
- Rita Rudner

If high heels were so wonderful, men would be wearing them.
- Erma Bombeck

Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about
dentist appointments and soccer games and romances and best friends and
favorite foods and secret fears and hopes and dreams. A man is vaguely
aware of some short people living in the house.

- Unknown

Women love cats. Men say they love cats, but when women aren't looking,
men kick cats.

- Unknown