Monday, March 27, 2006

TCSS

End of last year I complained about the construction work under my block, now, they are finishing. They divided what used to be part of eatery into small shops. There are handphone, cd, optic, clothing, shoes, nail shops and Guardian. Few shops haven’t been opened yet. It’s nice, although I was hoping that they would open cozy coffee shop, superbowl, swimming pool and public parks. ; )

The one in my office will be finished end of NEXT year. Sport mall, because of the construction, lunches are difficult and far, and sometimes it’s very noisy.
Drrrrt drttttt ngingggggggg drrrrrttt…. Drr….. dr ……r….

I dream of a life when I have commercial property and what I need to do is only to collect rent, which means checking the balance on the bank account.
What a life, I suppose.
On Saturday, we accompanied a friend of us looking for a rent office property. We used direct way and roamed the street, looking for Renting sign and called on spot. He had this particular area in mind, so it was an easy thing to do. He discovered one nice spot, and we agreed that it was a nice one. Small but cozy, and we spent quite some time there talking about where to put what and for the guys, how this and that cables are going to run through here and there. The spot is located near the red light district. For those who don’t know, the houses or shop houses with red numbers means you can pay a visit, choose somebody and off you go to the fun, there are few ‘hourly’ hotels nearby also.
Actually, the spot is nearby Hubby’s office. It’s funny but offices, red lights, pubs, bars for straights or gays are popular to merge together in this area. But it’s still safer for a girl to walk alone in the night than any parts in Jakarta, keep in mind, in casual wear without being mistaken. I heard, don’t know about here, but in other area, ‘the girls’ would use umbrella for the sign.

So, anyway, I respect for whatever people do for living, as long as it doesn’t sacrifice other people. Nobody can say this work is easier or lower than mine. Every job is hard.
Especially when it’s time for tax, like now. Ouch.

Found another makan place, Rumah Makan Padang Sabar Menanti (Why most of Padang's Makan Place are called Sabar Menanti, Selera Bersama, Silakan Kepedesan dan Bunga Merekah? I made up the last twos, but the first twos are based on life experiences) hehhehe….cheap and good mmm…can’t remember the street name, but the most important thing, I know how to go there… :)

Watched Crash, it’s a good one.


TCSS : Talk Cock Sing Song, Sgp's definition for Ngalor Ngidul Ngiler.
Thing that I almost always do on Mondays and ... days other than Mondays.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I told the Inland Revenue I didn't owe them a penny because I lived near the seaside.
- Ken Dodd.

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before........
- Unknown

Life may have no meaning. Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove.
- John F. Kennedy

Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, "I predict, Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease". Disraeli replied, "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."
- David Letterman

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
-Unknown

Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.
Hobbes: Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

- From Calvin and Hobbes