Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Long Weekends

So two long weekends are over.
Looking forward to the next one that I’ll spend in Jakarta. Another short trip I guess, although originally I planned for eight days, I shortened it to three and a half day, and it will packed with my brother’s wedding, one bundle with church ceremony etc.., three other family gatherings, I won’t have much time for myself, friends and shopping!

I expected it though, that’s the main purpose I’ll go home to, although some gatherings are categorized as ‘avoid if possible’, but I think this time I won’t be able to run away.
I bet my money that I would get that baby question from at least a dozen of relative; did I mention my youngest brother is getting married?
Wedding party is… a party that happens where everything is not what you always imagine for and suddenly you realize that you have that x number of aunts and uncles who care with your fertility and love life.
Gosh, but from Hubby, I learn one good way to face them… smile and look stupid.

Base on that, I developed the formula on my own.
If they ask, smile.
If they ask again, smile wider.
If they ask again, laugh.
If they ask again, laugh louder.
If they ask again, laugh hysterically.
If they ask again, laugh at them, poke them in the eyes and run.

No need to explain, one word of reason, that’s it, you will find yourself being cornered, the chance of running away is smaller and smaller and everyone will think that they need to give you a piece of their idea and solution to *help* you out.
You only need to convince parent and parent in-law. Anyone else, use my formula. Guaranteed.

Hey, that’s my next long weekend.
My previous one, nothing really special for you but everything is special for me.
I did shopping-window shopping-makan triathlon by walking maybe one tenth of the country, we walked as far as five MRT stations and went to places we’ve never been before. We spent hours spring (?) cleaning on New Year’s eve and finally, we hung our wedding pictures. Now I remember the fellow who destroyed my wedding album *&($@^$, hey you, come clean to me, I’ll poke your eyes too.

We met Leo and planned to go sailing, but unfortunately, we had to postpone it, again! I screwed up. I am allergic to sea water (what a shame!), I already agreed to the idea that I would look so tan that nobody would recognized me in the wedding, but I totally forgot about the allergic. If I developed skin rash (look like mosquito's bites) I’d be dumped at the back door instead of standing in front as a proud sister. So, another time again.

I have wrapped up the Bali’s photo, but don’t have the time to upload them. I also need to get myself familiar first with this blog system. So far, I love it, posting haven’t been easier and I love the spacing between paragraphs, only I found out that they don’t have some features that I need.

Who want to read about web problem?

Have a great New Year guys, make bad things better, better thing best, and everything memorable. I personally request that not a bad thing will happen to us, and that everyone we love are closed at heart, happy and healthy.
For those who are around my age, it’s time we smile more… they said we look younger when we smile…mhehehhe…time to do smiling thingy really seriously rather than make your make-up thicker. I need to remind myself too, as I realized my temper is getting shorter. :)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serious and I’m sure seriously made fave quotes today:


You laugh at me 'coz I'm different.
But I laugh at you, 'coz you're all the same
.
- From a friend

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde (from Lady Windermere’s Fan)

The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
- Thomas Szasz

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
- Unknown

Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out of it alive.
- Hubbard's Law

Work hard and save your money and when you are old you will be able to buy the things only the young can enjoy.
- Unknown

The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea.
- Isak Dinesen

There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking.
- Unknown

The idea is to die young as late as possible.
- Unknown

Do not believe in miracles, rely on them.
- Unknown

Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.
- Gene Fowler