Thursday, January 26, 2006

Breath and Body

My weakest working hour is around 10 and 4.
10 o’clock: What am I doing? How did I get here? Where is my lunch?
4 o’clock : The sleepiest time monkeys could be, and worse, almost everyone feels the same and they rely on coffee. Result: tons of coffee breath.
Sometimes people don’t realize how terrible the coffee breath could be, I guess it depends on the kind of coffee, because I don’t remember smelling coffee previously. It’s only been awhile when I started to realize that coffee breath exists.

One day, my colleague talked to me about something, she’s the whisperer type, the one who talks so softly that only ants could hear. So, because I kept having difficulty (with additional that I’m ‘budi’) we leaned closer to each other, and I almost dropped dead. I can’t describe how it was. A little bit of tai kucing apek campur ban mobil tua dan keringet topeng monyet. Nah.
She is a heavy coffee drinker, but the thing is, I didn’t recall any bad experience like that near her, so maybe it’s the timing of when and when the coffee is taken, what brand, what year, what dress did you wear in time of taking, who’s the current president etc etc.

I remember this because just now another colleague was briefing some work with me and I had to hold my breath during the whole conversations. He had gone through many weeks working day and night prepare for some project and I understand that maybe coffee was his main course.
Both of them are well kept people, so these are isolated case.
Or maybe my nose is too sensitive?

Without intention of being offensive to anyone, I can’t really handle BO well, especially in enclosed public places like train, I’d be dead or at least I’d get major headache. Despite MRT here being much better than Jabotabek, it’s still standard and gets ugly at busy hours. Sometimes the *^%&$ aircon chooses to go on strike when the train is in the fullest condition, and if there are one or group of people with BO, it can be very very torturing, and it happens quite often on the journey back home from work. It’s been long hot day bla bla bla…and people haven’t been bathing for ten hours plus bla bla bla..
Or at weekends.

Once, we were trapped in a carriage with terrible smell and there was no way for us to move because it was packed.
We have few categories for the odors: Slight, Medium and Heavy.
That one was belong to none, it had its own special category: Deadly Toxic and Seriously Dangerous To Living Things.
I felt my eyes were popping out and my head started to spin, but Hubby looked fine, although he had this unusual red face. After we alighted, I confronted him.
“You didn’t smell that?”
“What? With that quality? Of course I did..!”
“Then, how come you look ok?”
“Because I only breathed whenever the door was open, and I inhaled as quick as I could by shutting down my every senses.”

Ohhhh...

Update:
Just now. Early in the morning, usually not much problem because you know, people just freshened up for work and the day has just started, but there is other species that exists early in the morning, drunken blokes. They smell like rotten grape inside chicken cage, if they keep their mouth shout, it’s not easy to tell. But this guy, standing in front left of me, was too happy to let everyone know. He breathed far too heavily and exhaled like bajaj’s butt, loud and clear..ugh..cloudly.
I needed to hide my whole head behind my newspaper, when I stole a glance, I saw the girl next to me and the guy in front of me held their nose. Every time he blew, I had to hold my breath and hoped to die.

I’m not saying everyone who has BO is unfortunate enough to get it because of some sickness; I mean they have it although maybe they are the cleanest person on earth.
My ex-cubicle neighbor, now moved to another department, gets it because of disgusting habits. She looks fine, fair, clear, good, no one would ever suspect anything. I was surprised to find out that she has terrible BO. The most torturing time is 6 pm, when the central aircon is off, then the animated green cloud will start to move around. Usually when the aircon sound stopped, it’s a signal for me to grab my bag and run. Not always, sometimes she stopped me and and chatted. Ough

Then one morning, I saw her coming with this fresh look and wet hair. I asked her whether she had just washed her hair.
“Yes. I didn’t have time last night. But it was damn cold washing hair in the morning.”
“Oh, you haven’t tried washing hair in the morning before?”
“No, I have to do it today because last night I was busy. Usually, I never even bath in the morning.”
“You – WHAT?”
“I never bath in the morning, I can’t stand the cold.”
Hah…y-y-y-you only bath once a day, every night, in this tropical weather and there are actually 24 hours from night to night?”

The last sentence, I made it up, in fact, I was speechless.
That explains everything. Gosh!

__________________________________________________________________________________

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
- Mark Twain

Of course God will forgive me; that's his business.
- Heinrich Heine

All of us are pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it.
- Andy, The Breakfast Club

Speak softly and own a big, mean Doberman.
- Unknown

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
- Eric Hoffer