Monday, January 23, 2006

January Cleaning

It’s not easy to take care of a house. I had housekeeping experience since I was very young, because my parents were both working, but it’s sure different with now.
Now, I am the main player. :) So I have to keep my eye on how high is the laundry pile and how dusty is everything. Usually, it’s not a hard work. It’s just something that you hesitate to start doing every weekend, but when you start, it’s hard to stop.

But we had a hard thing to crack. Few weeks ago, we decide to clean up the storeroom. It was so over loaded that things were unmovable. Kind of, we know they are inside, but don’t know where it is. From big luggage that got stuck below boxes, until bicycles that looked like Chinese man being twisted here and there in order to fit into transparent box in circus. Oh by the way, it started when we wanted to retrieve the bicycles.
So, we moved everything out.


I could categorize them into few species:

Illegal things from Dad and Mom.

Since the beginning, I forbid my parents from buying anything, except things really important for household (not furniture) and under my approval. Mhehehe, first, I don’t want them to spend their money for me. And second, sometimes Dad is too fond of decorative things that I strongly object because it’s hard to maintain their cleanness and I like to minimize things I can see around the house.
Dad has been very cooperative here, although once and then he likes to scare me out. When we came back from our holiday, he put a huge dragon porcelain boat and Fairy statue(s!) on my plain TV console. He knew that I would confront him and was ready with the answer that he was going to bring it back to Jakarta, so it was only for frightening purpose.
When I helped him to pack, I went through 90% of the process smoothly, thinking, it must be a miracle, I am out of the curse of ‘she breaks anything breakable’, but the last, last 10% of the process, I drop the dragon boat (!) and after reconstruction, the dragon still lost its moustache and a chip of its nose. Lucky it was not really broken into small pieces, but I was quite sure Dad would think I did it purposely if he had not known my reputation. Fyi, the first 90% of the process, I worked with the box packaging, far enough from the dragon. What are the odds?
When we came back for another holiday, there was a big red fabric with Chinese words hanging on my window. He got it from his long lost distance cousin when he visited them in China. I moved it back to his room, and saw no more of it.
Actually, he doesn’t contribute much to the store this time.
Mom, she contributes lots of cookery. Without her, we would only have two sets of spoon fork and two bowls we brought when we moved to Batam. But we never knew that there are still sets of new cookery inside the store room, although she always stood in front of the store and said, ”Tsk tsk, look what you and your father have put into the store.”

Unwanted things from my sis.

When she moved back to Jakarta, she put few things in my house, much less than the actual amount things she intended to put. I could never understand her; she had her own house for her things, but chose to put it in mine. Some things like fan and tennis racket were still understandable (although I haven’t yet learn to play/touch), but other things like baby things I really don’t get it. (clue? clue?)

Leftover things from my brother.

High chair for baby. Toys and toys. Balls (which couldn’t be flattened) took put some places too. Those were the things they need when they visit for holiday, and they didn’t need additional baggage when they left. But they will need it again in the future, etc.

Our unwanted things.
Boxes.
As ridiculous as it sounds. Sometimes when we buy computer or electronic, the warranty is the box or valid together with the box, so because of that we kept the computer box etc and it sure took the hell of space. This time we threw away lost of them.
Artie things.
I made models for money one time in my life. Therefore I have lots of paper, paint etc.
Fun things.
Ship kites from Bali, monopoly, Bingo, Uno Stacko, punch-baloon-plastic-sandybottom-floatable-bag, air sofa, airbed, my soft toys, diving gears, underwater hockey gears, and bags, lots of bags, huge bag, diving bag, backpacks, laptop bags, small bag, smaller bags, medium bags.
Bunny things.
I have a sad story for this one. We bough a super cute bunny, a branded type of bunny, from Holland or whatever with loop ear, black and white, the cutest things and most expensive alive then. We felt in love with it when we past the pet shop and it begged for us to buy him. We went into the shop to touch it and say goodbye, ended up bought him with the cage, food, shampoo, powder, drink container, everything!
When it was delivered to us, we spent time playing and taking pictures of it. The next day, it was dead.
Of course, we were very sad and lost, we never know why.
The pet shop was very kind and told us they would give us another bunny but we had to wait because it’s a rare species. They insisted even though we told them they didn’t have to do that, it’s not their fault anyway. One month, half a year, we called, they still didn’t have it. Two years since then. Actually, we gave up and decided to give the things away for a friend of us who works closely with pets. So, yesterday, I took the pictures of the things, so many of them, with my hamster things.

Quite sad, made me remember my old motto If you never love, you’ll never hurt. If you never have, you’ll never lose, but as I grow, I add, But if you never love and have, you’ll never know the beauty of them, and in the future I hope I’ll add more And they are worth all the hurts and pain. In the present, here, I’m adding Stop this mushy things right now or I’ll throw up on your feet.
That’s the wonder of Italic format.

I have next bigger tasks in hand. In case you don’t know, whether you are a man or woman, the most difficult things is to throw away those clothes I will wear it when I’m thinner.

See, they are nice, new, but…..their colors are not matching with the weather.

___________________________________________________________________________________


I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.
- Dave Edison

To err is human. To blame it on someone else is even more human.
- Unknown

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.
- W.C. Fields

In order to keep a true perspective of one’s importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
- Dereke Bruce

I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.
- Peter De Vries