Wednesday, December 28, 2005

New Year Resolution

After married, I began to write resolutions every end of year. I’ve wasted too many years without it, I know. But what’s the difference with me now…writing it down, keep it inside my drawer, and read it again the next year? Actually, I had tried few good habits like that, most of them failed.
I wrote down the places I want to visit and things I want to do, just like those advices we read from Chicken Soup book, scrabble, scrabble, scrabble, I threw it away. Too much lahhhhh…..make me desperate that I have THAT MANY things I’m longing for.
Tried to write down shopping list, when I go shopping, I remember everything except the list.
So…arghhh… the point is I should have hung the list and look at it the whole year. Notice that, I wrote LOOK, not DO. Don’t give too much pressure to yourself, enjoy life.
Learn from me, the lazy human.

Here, I tried to recall my list, personal points not included of course.

I made resolutions that I want to wear more skirts, spend more days without tying ponytail, as you might have guess, failed, some miserably. I really wonder why? WHY?
But maybe this is considered as the best year for hair. I finally cut my hair short (after 15 year with long hair!) until I couldn’t tie it, but then again, when I could raise it up with numerous pins, I tied it again.
For coloring, I only had one moment of thought to color it. If I ever colored it, I’d do it lime green. Mhehehhehe…, it’s cool and I haven’t seen anybody else do it. Not just apply some lime green, but I’d color it white first to get the best result, really fresh lime green. Rather than lime green + original black = dirty green.
So imagine that after a month, I’d be the ugliest girl on earth; dirty green hair with white grayish root. Aiiiyoooo..
Anyway, I already have natural brownish color shade without effort. I thought it means Rambut Rusak, but many said it’s nice shade they wanted to achieve. Hehhehe…kupluk

I wanted to accomplish x number of dives. This one is the most successful, more than I have targeted for.

I wanted to finish Commandos 3: Destination Berlin in x month, done without doubt.

I wanted to learn guitar. At least now I have guitar.

I wanted to learn Chinese. Nope, too expensive!

I wanted to learn etc…
Advice, don’t start a resolution with I want to learn… Most of it failed. Not fun.

So forget about serious resolution. I will make ‘Fun Things To Do’ only.

About 2005, is it a good year for me?

- My big family and my own family are in the best relationships this year.
- I met wonderful people.
- Everything is doing well, everyone is still around me. :)
- I have a blog….mhahahhaha

It had been a great year. Hoping for the same or better year ahead, for me and for you. :)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Times are hard for dreamers.
- Amelie

You live and learn. Or you don't live long.
- Unknown

Love all, trust a few.
- William Shakespeare

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved.
- Mark Twain

Your life story would not make a good book. Don't even try.
- Fran Lebowitz

I'm trying to arrange my life so that I don't even have to be present.
- Unknown