Thursday, December 22, 2005

Empty Head, Ugly Bag and Snowman

Don’t try to work when your head is empty.

This morning, I came with clear head and did some important things in one hour. Then, my consciousness deteriorated like water through broken vase. No, I didn’t stare blankly on my screen or daydreaming, even worse, I was very busy.

I busied printing, then collected my paper, then cursing and swearing about ugly printer. (I refer everything as ugly; real ugly, broken things or un-delicious food). And I wondered why it took so long to print one page, I printed again, only to realized that I already had one perfect copy on my table and I was the one who did the printing. It felt like I had broken links in my brain today, did the things I already did, felt stupid and angry a while, and laughed at myself later. Yes, I have those crazy symptoms.

Then I worked hard, but just realized that I did almost nothing. I was fast but sloowww in progress, like something that never finish.

That’s it! I twing.

Just now I said something to my colleague. I told her that her bag was very ugly. It was just a remark that came to my mind and passed through my lips. But girl, she made a big fuss about that. Mhehehhe…She was so not confident with her bag then and kept pushing me to say why it was ugly. We even stopped some other colleagues to ask for their opinion.

Guy 1: “Nooooo! Pleaseee… noooo! I don’t want to be involved in this kind of female talk. Spare my life. I appreciate what I have and would never risk my safety to comment on that.” Then he ran out.

Guy 2 : “It’s…ermmm.. not really ugly. Just doesn’t suit your cloth. Er..you know what I mean..? It would look good if you…Eh…what I meant was…..”

Blabla..I didn’t understand at all. Then he also ran away.
I never made it up, they said something like what I typed and suddenly the exit door attracted them like magnet.

Me : “Come on. It was only a remark. I said harsh thing every time. Doesn’t mean you have to listen to me.”
Her : “But is it really ugly?”
Me: “Not really….ehm… it looks……quite…..quite ugly.”
She lifted up her pencil in threatening movement, joking of course (joking? come to think of it…), then she asked again.
“Which parts of it are ugly?”
Uh. I was thinking hard. I was not supposed to answer that. She gave me signal NOT to answer that. (Men, don’t ever answer those kind of questions from a gal).
JUST DON'T.
“The material and the shape.”
“Youu!! But why? Why? It’s leather and bla bla..”

All the while we were laughing. But what was funny that she was taking my comment very seriously.
Once, we had office function. We had beach party and supposed to wear beach clothing. I didn’t go as I was very lazy…, most of the people really dressed up, so they brought their beach wear and changed it after office hour, Friday night. She was new then, she didn’t bring any beachwear. Worse, she wore an office skirt. She was worried that she didn’t look ‘matching’, so I said, maybe a slipper would help you rather than those heel shoes. Ended up, I had to accompany her to look for slipper in the mall under my office. I was feeling guilty and sorry for her extra expenses. Me and my big mouth. Hehhehehe

Sometimes, I’m also like her. One comment, if hitting on the right target, straight to the source of pain, I would take it seriously even though I know I shouldn’t. Kekeke.
I guess that is all about woman.
So, don’t say the wrong thing, I will hunt you down and make your life miserable. Ask my husband. :)

As usual, received some few cute Christmas thingy from colleagues. I brought few snowmen this morning, for my Christian friends. Not that I’m racist or what, but to buy for all is too muchhhh…it’s was tedious enough hugging few snowmen on the day I purchased it, suspicious stares and hidden smiles,..and yesterday I overheard my non Christian friend laughing at one of the cute sock he received from some other person. Ugh…what would he think about snowman then?
But I should have bought for all…argh

Lunch time. My lunch colleagues who didn’t receive snowman brought somebody else’s snowman and asked me why I never gave them.
I was cornered and really felt guilty.
“Hey! For etiquette, don’t you think that you shouldn’t ask? Especially when I decided not to give you?”
And bark at my colleague whose snowman leaked my secret gift,” Look what you have done!”
The snowman owner was panicking. The other two admitted they had thick skin to demand for it. Hehhehe…
(I have one spare bigger snowman at home (for myself!), but if I gave one, the other would kill me).
I should have bought cards only. Just cards like last year. Okay. Okay. Next year I’ll bring Santa Claus. For all. Or dress like him.

Christmas…Christmas…what should I do. Few gathering invitations…maybe I should fix my bedroom’s light first. I forget how my room looks like..


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Jerome K. Jerome

I do not like work even when someone else does it.
Mark Twain

Being busy and being productive are not necessarily related.
Brian Koslow

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
Edgar Bergen

A man dies still if he has done nothing, as one who has done much.
Homer Simpson

Don't try to have the last word. You might get it.
Unknown

Always tell her she is beautiful, especially if she is not.
Unknown