Monday, February 26, 2007

To My Dearest Family

It’s over again. My one week holidaaaaaaaay.
Feeling kind of sad but I should treasure what I have, because basically I’m on top of the world.

It’s very amazing to see my family grows so fine and how we cherish the time we can spend with each other. Everyone of us grows as responsible adults and we still stick together and put the priority to be with family on top of other things.

This Chinese New Year I have two nephews and two nieces, it means many angpau expenses without any incoming. Hayah! : )

One of course my closest nephew, Jovan, now almost five, he used to visit me every year or more. I still remember when I saw him the first time, laying on the mattress, cute but a foreign thing for me, a baby in the family! Then when he was few months old but able to interact very well like playing, joking and communicating, then he was as tall as my pool table and only able to watch and cheer us playing, then he was a head taller and asked us to play with him every day. He is very smart now and able to talk all day long without stop, I mean, really really without stopping.
One of the days, I spent one whole day looking after him, because others were not around or busy, so it was an intensive session compared to others days when he could interact with others. It was a tiring day, but I have to admit, very fun. We exchanged thought and it’s amazing how colorful is a child imagination; I had to bite my lips many many times to be able to make my face serious all the time.

So, from me, 30, and Jovan, almost 5, we had all the conclusion to all the question in the world.

We talked about movie. He still remembers that he watched Dino Thunder with me,
Dino Thunder
, he even remember the stories.

J : Kow2, remember that time we watched the show, the blue color became bad guy..!
M : Hah?

After trying very hard, I remember the story. It’s amazing that he remembers! I thought 3 years old kid has five minutes attention span. Or 30?

Then we talked about Spiderman.

M : Do you know that Spiderman 3 is black color?

He was amazed, then we talked about another Spiderman installment, I suggested that Spiderman 4 comes in yellow, and he was very excited, Keren! Then we decided that the next one after that would be in various color, if he sit on the green couch, he would be green, if he was eating strawberry ice cream, he would be pink.

Then we talked about Batman and Superman.

M : I like Superman more than Batman (although they are both shameless by wearing underwear outside), because they both have wings but only Superman can fly.
J : I like Batman more, because Batman wears a mask, I don’t like superhero showing face. Batman and Spiderman are cool because they wear mask.
M : Do you know Batman has a car?
J : Really? Wow!
M : Because he got tired sometimes. Eh, what about Superman and Spiderman when they got tired?
J : Spiderman has a car too, a Kijang.
M : Really? What about Superman?
J : Superman has a motorcycle.
M : Why Batman and Spiderman have car, but Superman only has motorcycle.
J : (After thinking for a while). Actually he only just bought the motorcycle, he used to take ombrengan all the time.
M : But why Superman never nebeng Spiderman?
J : Oh. Because Spiderman doesn’t like Superman, Batman also.

I couldn’t bring myself to talk more about the poor Superman, anyway there was an ant passed by. I pushed the ant away and explained to him that the ant could bite him.

J : No, it’s alright. When I was in the kindergarten, there was a big ant in the toilet, but it didn’t bit me.
M : Why?
J : Because it couldn’t see me, so it wouldn’t bite me.
M : Are you sure? What about mosquito, does it able to see you?
J : No.
M : Then why it bites you?
He thought hard.
J : Oh. It just taking its own sweet time and enjoy flying. But because it couldn’t see, it hit everything, when it happens to hit us, it tastes it and decides it’s good to bite us.
M : Oh.
J : Do you know that big red ants, with very round bum?
M : Yes, why is that?
J : Because they eat balls.
M : Hah?
J : Once in a while my toy balls would disappear, I suspect they had been eaten by ants.
M : Oh. That’s why they have round bum. They must have very huge mouth.
J : They do. Do you know they can fly with the rockets?
M : Hah?
J : Yes, because they are small and rocket is big, so a lot of ants can go riding rockets.

Beside talking and sharing ‘knowledge’, he was also faithfully following me when I went to cut my hair. He stood by the hair washing chair and talked about shampoo, then played driving when we were sitting on the chair.

J : Look! I’m using first gear. Brummmmmm.
M : Hey! There are some polisi tidur. Jeduk. Now everyone has benjols.
J : Your is as big as egg. Amah’s benjol is orange and mine is as big as…
M : Coconut.
J : Wow! Hahahhaha.
M : Can you send us home with your car? So we don’t have to walk.
J : Of course not! Don’t you know that I’m only pretending?

Jebret. Komentar yang menusuk hati.

On some other morning he insisted to follow me to the wet market. It was a very mild few drop rain, but we brought two umbrellas, one for us, and one for mom who was already half way. We took so long to walk, he almost disappeared below the big umbrella and he insisted to hold his own. By the time we reached mom, she already finished with the shopping.


I miss him already.

Do you know when a relative you haven’t met for a long time, and they come and very happy to see us, talking about how we behave when we were little, how we adore them and close to them, only to our amazement that we don’t remember a single thing and thought nothing about it?

Now I’m afraid of that, I’m afraid to be on the other side, the forgotten one. It’s silly, but now I can understand, how time is turning around.

:"


My niece, Xin-xin, Jovan’s sister, is a very friendly little baby who loves to smile. She is eleven months old, small built but very active. She climbs everything, she is a dare devil who doesn’t afraid of falling down or knocking herself everywhere. She out-crawled me, I proved it when I played with her and tried to catch up with her. Everytime she was daydreaming or looking at the teve, if I look at her, she would knows and directly looked back. Everytime I sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, she would clap her hands. She loves being walked at the garden and playing up and down. Someday I planned to take her go hiking : ), if my back permits me, of course. : )

Son and daughter, of my second youngest and youngest brother, I didn’t have a chance to know much with them. Because the boy, Keegan doesn’t like to interact with others and the girl, Nadya is still a baby. Keegan is very cute but he also cry all the time. He he he. He walks like a king and we agree that he is capable to be the mafia leader. Nadya has a very bete face. She frowns almost all the time, with one eyebrow higher than the other, and with eyes that look at other dalem-dalem. She looks very serious but she can laugh easily too.

For my parents, I can see that they are aging, but they are happy and proud to have us around and to have us living the life we are, that every one of us turns up to be good person. They still and always work hard for the family, they take care of us and be there for us all the time.

I do wish, deeply, that we could always do the same for them.



It’s nice, to see the familiar faces around.
Those who share the greatest memories, that only us know.
Those who go through the thick and thin together, the storm and the spring.
Those who share the same food, and cry at the same fallen ice cream.
Those who feels the same pain, and the same happiness tears.

It’s very nice, to be around you guys.
And although we are far apart, we never lose this bound at heart.