Monday, June 12, 2006

To Fill The Empty Blog

On Saturday we went around unusual place in town. We went to meet someone, and the place was located near our previous office, so we visited the bird market, the one we always passed by but didn’t have a chance to go.

The whole rows of shops consist of bird shop and pet shop. There were many exotic birds that make me wonder whether they were legal. The sound, no wonder my uncle liked to say that a room full of aunties is compatible with a room of birdie. It was so noisy. Birds are not my things, but I had few bird pets in the past. My Dad liked to bring bird home when he worked in the jungle. We had colorful robins, I guess, and two I don’t know what type of bird who were very noisy and liked banana. They were kind of rude because when they asked for banana, they yelled, kroak kak kak ngk ngk, when they were happy, they yelled also. We had one beautiful and soft feathered colorful bird who always opened its wing wide when we scared him, and the last one was a pair of white cockatoo who sounded like Ou-A, Ou-AAA. One day, the male was stolen or missing, so the female looked so sad that my mom let it fly. It’s was not the best decision of course, as the bird might not survive in a city or caught by someone, my mom forgot about those factors, but she had its best interest in heart.

Okay, despite the bird flu, people are still visiting bird market. Beside the bird market, there were fish shops. Some of the fish shops are the reasons why I’m scared of fish. They were dark, smelly with dark smelly and overfull water, sometimes they look clean but the fish are sick. So I avoided that kind of shop. My nightmare is when I see one or few dead fish inside the packed aquarium being bitten by another. I would refuse to go near within visual perimeter. Or once, I went to this festival where they had big children-portable-pool full of small fish, when those children could take as much as they could scope with the tissue base net. Because everyone was fishing, there was current in the pool and many of the fish were dying or died. But at least, the water was clean and the fish were small. But the one in the dark water bloated bitten fish shop….. Argh!

We found one very nice fish shop, I loved this one. They have nice, clean and beautifully arrange shop. Everything was clean, every fish was healthy, no dead one, no jumping out one, and there were a lot of type, even marine fish.

It was a fishy day, we went to another place, actually to hunt another thing, but ended up standing in front of live fish display, this time, for restaurant. Okay, I also hate fish display in restaurant and fish market, because some fish are so sick or they live in so packed aquarium that everyone stepping on another. This one, was quite different. The aquarium was quite packed, but not that bad, the water was clean and the fish, crab etc were healthy. We saw King Crab, the one we ate in Oz, the most delicious crazy cholesterol loaded crab. There were so many aquarium of it. Slerp. Delicious shrimp. Lobster and stone fish. Stone fish? Yes, there were stonefish for display, I guess it’s one kind of food. Those venomous fish, how did they catch it, cook it and eat it? I don’t know, I know timid puffer could kill as Japanese dish Fugu, if they are not properly cookes or the chef chose the wrong part. Stone fish! Surprisingly I didn’t see triggerfish, our sworn enemy, because I heard they taste like crab! : )

So that was the process we went through when we got lost in the mall. On the way back, while waiting for the bus, we saw annoying kids and adults. There were three kids sitting together each with gameboy on their laps. Suddenly, the one in the middle started to cry, so loud, so wide until we could see the green candy inside his mouth. The other two kids just rolled their eyes and continued to play. It went on for a while, until the mom decided to come out from disguise and talked to the kid. What I thought to be timid kid turned to be a monster in one second. He yelled, threw his gameboy which landed with painfully cracking sound, and looked at his mother with the most hateful look I’ve ever seen since I don’t know when. It was terrible, a very very terrible child. He kept yelling and cursing but I didn’t understand a thing. The mother was soft-spoken and tried to talk patiently which was something more heartbroken to see, then annoying adults came by, they were aunties who tried to interfere and disciplined the kid.

I agree the kid was damn annoying, maybe he deserve to be smacked, but strangers who try to interfere and show you how to raise a kid was too much of inconvenient.
See? Another sign. Doh.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Deleted by French Censor"
- James Gordon Bennett - US Newspaper owner/editor - Used to fill empty space in his papers during WWI when news was lacking