Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Morning Mumbling

I haven’t been playing computer for more than a month. First, because I spoilt the machine for playing too long, then I haven’t had a mood or great game to trap me into addiction.

Actually I quite like to be ‘free’ now, more things done, more books read, more old hobbies explored. I even think to adopt a dog at this current minute, but I don’t think I’m ready. See, all my life, I have nine family dogs. I left two when we moved to Jakarta, three disappeared during riot 1998, one died because of car accident, two were adopted because everybody was everywhere at one time, and one was missing. Why on earth we had so many dogs? Except the first two, and the last one, the other six were adopted to take care of our shop back then. Every dog has special story, but I would need a hell of time to tell it all. They were all family dog. Family responsibility, although it often ended up as one-two person responsibility, but everyone was around for backup, on their own will or not.

So, to have a dog on my own, for the next twelve years or more, one mouth to feed, four legs to walk, going through teeth growing shoe chewing time, vaccination, care during vacation, teenage time, or to watch..eh..take care…eh..control the dog during mating season..blah., at this rate of thinking, no wonder I’m not ready for those little people.

Okay, I’m thinking of picking up painting again, something I left out since I entered Uni, or something I despise because of The Dark World of Architecture. But it’s undecided between mess-up painting and model painting. I could build aeroplane, tanks, traditional Viking boat and paint them too, only that, I don’t have a place for display when they are done, like many of my miniature toys are scattered hopelessly inside the TV console. For mess up painting, I could cut them into pieces and send it out to my friends, to add up to their junks. Hm…..

Don’t worry. This is only happen every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and every dates with number 1 or 2.

________________________________________________________________________________

Facts and truth really don't have much to do with each other.
- William Faulkner

Art is anything you can get away with.
- Marshall McLuhan

If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?
- Linda Ellerbee

What do you mean we don't communicate? Just yesterday I faxed you a reply to the recorded message you left on my answering machine.
- The Wall Street Journal

When I have a kid, I wanna put him in one of those strollers for twins, then run around the mall looking frantic.
- Steven Wright

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone.

Don't drink to drown your sorrow. Sorrow knows how to swim.

Life is too complicated in the morning.