Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's Like This!

If there is unhappy crap happen, there is also happy load. Unhappy crap, happy load, there are two sides of coins.

Friday night, there was office function, D & D, Dinner and Dance. I had been absent for about three years, I think, two being I had something else, one being I was lazy..
The D & D is cruise to nowhere for 4 hours in international water.
If I forgot to mention before, now I have a lot of new friends in the office, and the more the merrier.

We were to dress up like holiday, Bermuda, flowery shirt etc, and many people showed up with the spirit. The happy thing was we could leave office early around 3 pm and went to Harbour Front, the seaport used to be called World Trade Center, where we hung out every weekend during our struggling to move our life here from Batam.

The participants this year got its record high, 86 people. Cruise sounded like good idea for a getaway, at least it’s something different.
But indeed, it’s much fun. Maybe because we had creative and quite crazy MC to get everybody motivated and played. If anyone planned to have a career as an entertainer, I have this observation to share. The easiest group to please or entertain is children. They have high spirit, eager and have genuine effort to have fun. The second group might be working adults, maybe followed with old people or teenager.
Working adult, sometime it’s very fascinating to see how they react to games and playing in group. They are willing, they are happy even with simplest games, and it’s nice to see everybody like that. So adult is just grown-up children, working adults is just stressed grown-up children.

We had fun, we laughed like mad, and I enjoyed this D & D a lot, especially when I was spared from all the games, ha! Best part J.
I also fascinated to see that many people love to be somewhere out there also, to see the sea and the horizon, although the scenery is not much compared to other places, it was a good enough substitute. And it still reminds me of their cousins, the other seas I’m longing for. It might remind everybody else about their dream places.

It’s also nice to sit down and chat with friends. We took group picture and fell everywhere when the boat rocked to left and right like crazy. Even small dive boats hardly rock like that!

Overall, I must say, my weekend survived on friends. On D & D, and in my class.
We had quite boring lecturer and boring lesson. So we were struggling to survive in the class. I was caffeine loaded so my eyes were open but my mind was flying outside. Two guy friend I knew from previous intake had taken the class before, and they knew how bad it was. Different class had different break time, so when I was in the classroom, they had their break and stood outside making funny faces, while I tried to keep my face straight not to burst out laughing.

What also made me survive was almost all my classmates were more bored than me, when finally at end of the day the lecturer said, So this is it, the last page for today just ended. Then every one was happily closing the book and took deep breath. Then suddenly, the lecture said, Wait, one more thing! I was almost fainted but worse, I saw my friend who sat in front shaking like crazy. I couldn’t help but laugh for almost half an hour. Apparently, luckily, the lecturer only wanted to hand us some copies of articles.


Laugh whenever you can, it's a cheap medicine.
- Anonymous