Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's Like That!

Promises,… I don’t know why I’m very obsessed with promises.
Right now, I’m in angry term with my office, because, again, they never deliver their promise.

I know, I learn that promises not always delivered, more often that it is. I used to take it a bit harder than other people, because I always wondering, why the heck someone gives promise without intention of doing what they say, or at least, don’t do it lightly, because other party might be more serious.

When I saw the pattern of people I know who likes to run away from promises, I would change my attitude toward them, honestly, to protect myself. I would consider that if his/her run from their promises, they also don’t expect me to fulfill my promise to them. For example, I wait for you here, I’ll contact you for this/that, let’s meet at two, etc, and they show up at three or four or nothing without explanation. If it happened again and again, of course I would expect that your three is four, I’d save my own ass and show up at four. Some operate that way, the other kind who happen to show up on time that day would give you hell by saying how long they wait etc etc.

I have some friends who always give me an earful for me not replying to their emails. Me and them know, the fact is the other way around. After some times, I learn that he/she is only saving his/her own face, after a while another type of excuses would come, my emails lost in space etc etc.
Honestly, I really couldn’t careless about what happen, but there is no need to give me that kind of excuse or worse, reverse the truth. I don’t care that much to correspondent with somebody who is not willing too. Anyway, most of the times, they are the starters, I just being polite.
I found that hard fact is, as I’m getting older (ha!), life is too precious.
Give chances, give a lot of chances, but there is time when we have to drop it. Cut.

What I know, I always try to trust a promise, although sometimes it comes from people I somehow know doesn’t really honor promises, I still try to give them the benefit of doubt, and at the end, I’d be disappointed again. And again.

Now, I can see something else.

I used to think that what I could do is don’t give any crap about any promise, unless it’s from someone I really trust.
But now I know, it’s quite impossible, unless I want to turn myself into something crappy like that, I don’t like to take a promise lightly, or maybe I can’t.
What I have to do, is to fence my self more, I would still believe in promises, even from crappiest person, I know I’d be hurt again, but that might be THE right area that I need to work on too. Get Hurt, Move On, Screw You, Get hurt, Move On, Screw You.

It would be good if I can smack someone on the face, or give a good kick on the butt of course, but that would be in my own ideal world.

As long as I still can turn to my other half and family for comfort and trust, I’d be fine.


___________________________________________________________________

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.
- Simplicity of Lin Yutang

Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.
- Marcus Aurelius