Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

Sunday was international Father’s Day. I think the formula is 3rd Sunday of June. Indonesia doesn’t have Father’s Day, I don’t know whether it’s because Indo doesn’t care about Daddies, or because the Daddies refuse to celebrate themselves. Because I heard it’s quite well-known that Father’s Day gift or dinner occasion sometimes is billed directly to the fathers. Kekeke.

Appreciation for father or parents shouldn’t need special occasions to celebrate, although it’s also good to have special days. Explicitly said, they sacrifice their young ages to grow us. They sacrifice their hard earn money to cloth and educate us. Let it be our turn one day. Or now.
At least when the stress level of Singaporean is getting higher, they do remember to celebrate Father and Mother’s day, special dinning and restaurant would be fully packed during these two days.

Talking about stress, I saw one very stressed guy yesterday. So we were passing this building along the Orchard Road, where there was a promotion event for MasterCard or Visa. The guy promoting, talking to the mic, was advertising at first but then it was turned into swearing.
“Ladies, and Gentleman, come and try your luck on this special Father’s Day promotion. If you had Card with with MasterCard or Visa, come and throw a ball to win a prize. Every one should win; the lowest prize is a pen. Ladies and Gentleman, you should at least get a pen, the biggest prize is Ipod. In between you probably get umbrella, notepad, etc, etc..”
Then, (I guess) he approached passerby and got turned down.
“What? No time?! I don’t understand, what is wrong with you people!? It’s Sunday, time to enjoy yourself, what’s wrong by setting a side a bit of time to try this… No time no time, grmbl grundel..bla bla bla bla bla…”

I wonder whether this guy is suitable for promotion, maybe he was forced to work on Sunday, or he didn’t get any last night.
But if somebody was pissed off enough to shove it on his face: What is so appealing in joining long queue for what? For a pen? I know about Ipod, but I also know that biggest present means one in thousand or million, if it existed at all. And what is so enjoying to queue for a pen? On the contrary, everybody else is enjoying themselves because they don't need to queue for a pen! Also, people might be busy with their kids, there's no Sunday for that, and even if not so, I can think of a hundred better ways to spend the time.

I don’t have anything to do with him, so I just contribute my two cents, but the people he was scolding must had a change of mood of nice Sunday, because of nothing.

If it was me, he would get Super Sanya Tigaaaaaaaaaa I tell you..

Happy Father’s Day to all my friend who has become a father :),
Every guys playing with children is cute, remember, don’t just play, change the diaper, bath the kid, don’t act cute only, help your wife :D!

___________________________________________________________________

Becoming a father is easy enough. But being one can be rough.
- Wilhelm Busch

There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you.
- Peter De Vries