Monday, December 28, 2009

2010

I am not in the mood to workkkkkk!!!!!!!

Is it only me or is it happen to anyone in this holiday season? I hope it is, because it screws me out, kind of. I'm dreading the day of 2010 when all the works will come pouring to me.

For many reason this holiday season doesn't feel like holiday to me..
First, we are not anywhere else.
Second, almost everybody we usually hang out with or care about is not around.

These two reasons sum up everything. Well, actually, it's not that bad, it's probably just something unfamiliar after spending two-three year of Christmas somewhere else.

So, instead of feeling dull or lonely this Christmas, I have to count on my blessings.

What am I doing now? Browsing, updating my blogs and reading some craps from internet! Seems simple but it's not!
In my previous company we were so deprived from internet access that we could end up overshooting the usage, even for work, and we already restricted ourself! My work involved rendering, when I couldn't do anything else but to let the computer took time calculating and doing the work. It's boring, and torturing.
That was why I bought an ridiculous priced 'smart phone' so I could do things like writing, playing or browsing internet if I bother to look for MC.Donald. As the result, and because I'm happy with it, I'm still holding on to the phone for 5 years.
Today, some of the interfaces had gone unreadable, but it still working fine, although some days I'm not sure whether it's awake or in comma. I vow to make it through the year, and the year is ending.
So, some people just don't realize how nice it is to have technology and the cyber world in your finger tips.

The year of Indonesian free-fiscal..!
It's this year or last year? Can't recall. Anyway, all my cursing and swearing because of the paperwork proved nothing compared to my friend's visit.
Yah, I think it's ridiculous that we have to pay to go out of the country. Now that we don't have too, the flock of wanted and unwanted people may come and visit me.
Well, I am not very good in handling people whom I don't like, namely whom you hardly know but suddenly got friendly because they want free accomodation.
Luckily, it doesn't happen much yet, and it's not likely to happen again, because even if i want too, I don't have room to offer.

Okay...good things, I could meet my long time friends again when they came to visit just a week ago, and it was fun hanging out with them here, because most of the time I went back Jakarta we hardly met for more than 3 hours.
They always say, meeting you childhood/school/uni friends make you feel younger, and indeed.. remembering all the silliness we did when we were younger and the still attached silliness we have deep in our heart (well mine is still on the surface).

The new friends!
We don't really have a flock of friends here, but we have few close friends and imho, that is much much better than many2 common friends.
We also don't have fancy friends who would drag us to fancy Christmas or New Year parties but we have ordinary friends who are just like us. We had few casual dinner to celebrate end of year and I'm just being very grateful for it.
The most elaborate thing I did with them would be to watch Cirque on Ice on Christmas Eve, thanks to a new friend from a friend who gave me a free ticket.. hihihi..

The new relative!
Never realize that it would be cool to meet a long-lost relative.
He's hubby's cousin who has been staying away for all his life, he can't speak Indonesian at all. He is the same age with us. Hanging out with him for two days proven to be eye opening of how knowledgable and fun a relative can be. It's amazing that both cousins can click after hardly met each other all their life, and the one time they met before this, they only spoke sign languages.

So I guess, even when my Christmas is not spent with my family, or longing somewhere exotic or foreign country, there are blessings and love I have to be grateful for I am indeed very lucky.

Time to look ahead for the new year with new resolutions in mind.. in mind only, mind you, because then nobody can prove that I don't fulfill my resolution..!
But I'm seeing good lights in my 2010 resolutions, because it's very likely that I'll put 100% effort to fulfill it, and most importantly, I have resources like will and companions to do so..

Yay for a good year ahead!