Monday, January 04, 2010

Mother of All Monday

Today is probably the day, where all the working people on earth, look up at the sky, and say to whoever they believe in "WHY? WHY? Why this is happening to me?"

Yah.. It is.. The dreaded Monday.
The bluest Monday. The Mother of all Mondays.
The first Monday in January.

People are coming back from holiday..and worse, all fo the sudden, all the quiet, bumbling, fun, cold, festive are all gone. Next holiday is not near the horizon (although thankfully, Chinese New Year is near here. And CNY is the longest public holiday of the year..two days..! Well, I meant to say it as sarcastic-ironic.., but living here for sometimes, I get really excited to this 'longest' public holiday).

People are coming back to office. Emails are flooding in, but not those tingling Christmas theme. It's work!
While I spent my December envying (is it a proper word?) those who went on holiday, at least for me the 'culture shock - mother of all Mondays' is not creeping me in as bad as the rest who enjoyed their December elsewhere. (Although it's bad enough, especially with the heavy rain this morning. You know what is the meaning of heavy rain???? Good sleeep!!).
So when my enviness (not a word I'm sure) is over, it's time they envy me for being quite okay waking up today. 'Lucky bastard' is the type of the look they gave me..
Kidding... a bit.. I believe some of the looks are 'Nice to see you again'
'Howdy' and some 'Arghhh, it's you again?' 'So, how did you root in office last week?'

Anyway.. I can say that my solitary for most of December had been quiet in nice way, when I have the whole room for myself, did whatever I want or picked my nose whenever I need.. I also found the keyboard clicking, phone ringing and familiar faces to be something good also.

It's nice to be in the office when we actually like one another. Lucky me?




Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.
- Anonymous

New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.
- Mark Twain