Monday, July 09, 2007

Weekend Sto-

Monday is here again. But lately, Monday doesn’t taste that bad. It’s still bluish, but it’s better shade of blue. Apa coba..

Friday night I had outing with colleagues. Since Hubby also played RC with his friends, I joined the outing. Anyway, feel bad to decline some offer again.
During my years working here, I hardly joined any activities involved people from works. Let it be outings, parties, company functions formal or informal etc. And actually, I hardly go out for nightlife. The closest I have been too was joining Diver’s Night, usually held at Hard Rock Café, the last time I went I swore I wouldn’t want to go again, because it’s too crowded and not fun. We couldn’t find a place to sit and when we wanted to have dinner upstair as regular customer, HRC insisted that anyone came in registered as part of Diver’s Night are to stay at the dance floor. It’s ridiculous; we wanted to sit, to eat, what’s the diff? Unless we wanted to sit for free, unless there’s an entrance fee we didn’t pay. Some rules are plain idiocy related.
The other time when we had similar function, it was held in a pub nearby other pubs (which doesn’t?), it was terrible. The place stunk with alcohol smell and smoke. The pool table was not better than mine. So we escaped to the outdoor and drank coke.

So when my colleague said that the place is different, there is live music with cozy environment. It’s a non-smoking lounge; anyway, smoking has been banned by government. It sounded like good idea, I enjoy good live music and cozy environment, somewhere to relax and socialize.
It was not a bad night; the music was quite good although the place was a bit cramp. I felt quite out of place because other group dressed differently, I guess many people hung out there in order to find potential company. But we just sat down, relaxed and enjoyed.

Singapore, It’s getting very boring here. Not being ungrateful, but it’s difficult now to decide where to go on weekends. Going to mall is almost the only repeatedable option and it’s getting unrepeatable because everywhere is selling the same stuffs. We used to be more adventurous, went cycling at Pulau Ubin and East Coast, but it’s slipping away from our agenda. Friend who likes to take us sailing is often not in Singapore, and we cut off all our weekend diving to save money for better overseas trip. My regular swimming complex is closed down for renovation, and we have left the Underwater Hockey activities too long to conveniently rejoin.
And the weather has been unfriendly nowadays, it’s super hot and super humid, so the idea to stay at home is much more appealing.

But we went out to catch unintended movie marathon on Saturday, and accompany Mom to go shopping on Sunday, while visiting the old church I used to go.

Lately I also have some bad habit not to finish the thing I have sta -



.