Friday, May 25, 2007

Big Girl

Yesterday we had new kakis for lunch, one guy and two girls, that made us seven. Although sitting together, unconsciously the tables were separated as girl’s table and boy’s table, so I had chats with these two girls I’ve just known, but we clicked quite well.

Something familiar yet unfamiliar came to me, the typical girl’s conversation and the closeness girls normally share, like even though we were almost completely strangers, I was surprised that I have been shared secrets like old friend, that’s girl trustee I guess, and my friend was very touchy, but not in ‘that’ term lha hoy whoever who think of that!
I have come to think, that I feel unfamiliar yet familiar with the situation, because, gasp, now I realized that I haven’t been in girly situation since long, long, time, few years back.
I don’t have much friends staying here, my colleagues and lunch mates are almost all males all the time, my diving friends are almost all males, and the friends we hang out with, Hubby’s friends, are almost all males. So, I get used to it, and slowly I become detached from girly world.

Girls, I must say, have different way of friendship with guys. In primary school, I held hands with my girlfriends. Secondary and the rest of my life, I didn’t, it’s just too weird maybe, ha…But when they got together, girls share, their problem, their boyfriends, their future boyfriends, their future ex-boyfriends, movies, gossips, blab la bla. They can talk about everything and still find something in common. With guys, they talk about games, footballs, sports, works, and uh, girls but nothing too personal, unless with close friends.

My class also, four out of five girls got close because we went home together after every class. It’s just too funny for me to be in situation like a lot of sharing of feelings, emotions (even exam felt like the end of the world when it was talked by four girls! But it almost was, indeed), touchy, and the last time we went home together, they were browsing a lingerie magazines with all sexy pictures all over the place, and they commented on how this thing and that thing would suit who and who etc etc. I couldn’t contribute much so far, I only could nyengir kuda everytime I notice the girly situation, and I still tried to be more accommodate when they become touchy.

I guess it’s all coming back to me.

blink blink



But I’m not scared, GIRLS ROCK, and girls are scary when they are united. Dun mess up..


__________________________________________________________________

Men at most differ as Heaven and Earth. But woman, worst and best, as Heaven and Hell.
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Disguise our bondage as we will.
‘Tis woman, woman rules us still.

- Thomas Moore