Thursday, February 05, 2009

Three Things Always In My List

I am a spiritual person. That’s what I’ve been told, together with the term I always thought I am, not religious. I started to agree with my friend. Spiritual sounds fair, it makes sense.

I don't like people using religion as the association to judge one person is good or not without looking at the person. I don't like one religion thrashing another.
I don't like than people are close minded to another belief just because they are not in the same.

If anything, along the history, religion brings more catasthropic than peace, because of human interpretation. So yah, I don't want to be too religious.
Inviting weird and accusing stares everytime I said that, make me want to hold onto it more because that is exactly the reason.

Being spiritual doesn't mean that I worship a tree or cutting chicken head to pray, spiritual according to us probably means that somebody tries to get the essence of all the good things instead of the surface or the brand it comes with, like religion. My essence of right or wrong is perceptive, yes, but again, what isn’t?

In fact, spiritual that I agree with not only skeptical about human interpretation, but also skeptical about right or wrong. Except really obvious ones, I believe not everything is created black or white, there are big areas and different shades of grey as there are always two sides of coins, there are things we don’t understand and we don’t have the capability to judge objectively if we are not in the same position. Chinese symbol called Patkwa, has deep meaning, nothing is absolute, for every white there is something black and vice versa.

Why not? What not? Can tell me when your mind has been cleared forever, can anyone say they always get by days without thinking or doing or saying something not good?

Human always find similarities or differences with others, almost everything in almost everyway, two most obvious factors, religion and races. One quote that I remember, if one day god decide to make human in one race, one religion, we would still able to find something we can start the war for.

Racist, is the most common of human characteristic nowadays and always. Maybe only less than 0.1% of human are not racist, we are all racist in certain level. Stereotyping, subjective opinions, no matter how small. Everyone is guilty. Me too.

So struggling to stand on my feet, I’m always learning to do three things:

1. Never judge: Regardless how clear I thought it would be, everything might not be what it seems. People might not understand something they don’t go through themselves. Try to see on the other person side, think of what I might have done on his/her shoes. What seems wrong could be right from another POV.

2. See the person, not his race, religion or status. Rich and reputable can be evil, poor can be kind-hearted. Anyone with any religion and race are capable of doing good or doing bad, it comes back to the person..

3. Not doing bad things. As a plus, do good things.

This list is bloody hard to do. As I said, majority of people are judgmental and racist, and naughty, and if I might add, many people close their minds to other than what they believe.

Anyway a friend sent me these good quotes from Gandhi I think is nice to ponder, whoever and whatever someone is....

I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed.

It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honored by the humiliation of their fellow beings.

It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.

To give service to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.


You must be the change you wish to see in the world.



.