Sunday, November 23, 2008

Junkie!

'Spring' cleaning today.
It's amazing how many junks can build up over a life time.

Real junks, rubbish, unused things, garbages, and my first skirt that stun me for almost half an hour, stunned! How could I ever fit inside that?!! Wohoo, my waist, was..WAS, incredibly small that I'm not even sure one of my tigh can go in now! What happened?? Ouch..ouch..ouch...

Other junks in the category of throw or not throw, it's not useful anymore, i don't even know if it has its use, but it's difficult to throw away. Gifts, cards, letters, toys, souvenirs, books, tools for art and craft, even bicycle we had never used anymore because it's so tedious to pull it out of the store room, assemble the wheels, looking for the pump etc.

Some small things contain a lot of stories. I had a bag full of bottles full of sands. Each bottle of sands come from different beach I had visited, housed inside decorative glass bottle, or mini bottle I got from the hotel. Every bottle had different story and place to tell. White sands, rock sand, coloured sand, fine sand, black volcanic sand to bottle full of tiny shell from a shell beach. I stop collecting them long time ago, because my friend suggest to me to collect underwater sand, which I did, once. I would only take a very small amount of it and dry it before putting it into bottle. But then again, we learned how precious is underwater macro life, how tiny are every creature, so I stop my sand collecting, under or in the shore.

I still have sea shell though, some particular beach are full of seashells, colourful and nicely shape seashell. Altamar Phillippine has a white beach like that, what i did was just park my butt somewhere on the beach and pick them around me without effort. Or laying on the hammock and let my hand drop and scoop them up. I planned to make a nice book marks for my colleagues., but then, eh.. time flies..

Some sea shells can make very nice necklace or bracellet. It's not glamourous bling bling jewelry, but it's sure one of the kind and exotic, especially if you got it from someone who made it with you in mind. : )

So, I also had this small bag of sea shell, brought it to office yesterday for my colleague who has a lot of indoor plants; air plants and water plants. He would put it in a used cookies plastic container, and decorates it with rocks (and now sea shells) and plants. It creates a nice green green environment in office.

Toys, I have hundreds of toys. From soft toys, board games, real toys to those I got from Kinder chocolate and McDonalds. Yes, I can ve victim of Happy Meals. Some of their toys are nice, like the one we built into a big ship from 4 parts. Each part is playable on its own. I just don't like the characters of McDonalds. WTC (What the crap...) a clown (yaiks!), a burglar (!), a chicken (!) and potatoo?
Nevermind, don't let me start on that.

I also have a nice big punching bag with Donald Duck faces standing in fighting position. I love all inflatable stuff (eits!), I mean chair, baloon, inflatable children pool for my nephews etc etc.

But these toys have to go, not because I don't like them but I think some kids will like them better. So I packed them all nicely in ziplog bags, and give them away. Many other things (real junk!) or hardly used stuff visited dust bin. Clothings and other useable stuff in good conditions will find way to those who need it.

In this modern time, we might be able to backup the memory with online journals and albums, thanks to that, but anyhow, everyone would always have a storeroom full of stuffs to be cleared once in a while.




To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.


Junk is not, like alcohol or weed, a means to increased enjoyment of life. Junk is not a kick. It is a way of life.
- William S. Burroughs


Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it.