Sunday, June 07, 2009

Aquarama & Admiralty Park

This is it. The dread-est time of the year. It’s the peak of summer, June and July, where the winds stop blowing, no public off day, and no holiday seasons. These are the two months I dislike the most in a year.

It gets very hot and humid, when you reach the outdoor, it’s like entering a tunnel of warm air. Sometimes the rain helps; it doesn’t happen often enough, but this morning, it looks good. The sky is grey and the wind is there. Way to start a day, sleepy, but it beats hot air.
Except during holiday on the beach, I prefer cooler weather. I also like rainy weather when I’m in town, doing everyday thing although cloudy and windy is the best for city life. My favorite weather could be autumn, it must be nice to walk in the forest with all the orange leaves and cool wind.

Except for beach holiday, I admit I need summer for our photo taking hobby. It’s hot, humid, tiring, exhausting but we can’t do any outdoor photography when it’s raining!

So last Sunday we and our newly found photography kakis were going to the park nearby my house for macro photo shoot. There are seven of us now, the other three couldn’t go. The weather was harsh, we started melting even from home. It was one of the sunniest days and when we reached the park, it was at 11.30, mid of the day. Yah, we should have started earlier.
I was quite skeptical with the park, but apparently we could find a lot of macro stuff, I mean insects to shoot. So many that we already started shooting by the time we entered. For sunny area, we had to bear the heat and ended up all taned, it was a very significant tan for half a day work. We found area under the shade but it was full of mosquitoes. I don’t know what I prefer, shade under crazy sun or mosquito bites .. I think I enjoy shooting without mosquitos bites and the itch more. Except various insects, we saw birds and monkeys.










Two day before, Friday, I went to Aquarama (aquarium and pets) exhibition with my colleague. This is the first time I try my new camera for underwater subjects.

Sometimes my colleagues like to tease me about how easy it is to see marine life in aquarium without the hassle of going to the wild. Well, yes in aquarium I can see many type of marine lives I might have to spend days and trips just to catch them in the wild, like mandarin fish, harlequin shrimp. Or go to the deep in very specific location only to find purple fire goby. It sounds good but I wish I am not separated with them by the glass tank, I wish I don’t need to bend down to take the picture, bear the weight of the camera and feel the lack of water surround me and it’s so much fun to see how they ignore me in the wild instead of begging me for food. Can’t believe how much I miss going down the water again!

I’m still shaky, but uh-oh…after holding this camera, I don’t know how long I can sustain without sacrificing my money for the underwater casing. Oh.