Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ha.. & Go...

Ha! Apparently being an unemployed is not easy and not relaxing also.. There are many things I need to settle, using up the advantage that I can go anywhere during office hours. So officially, after one week of freedom, I still haven’t enjoyed myself much. Wake up early and sleep late. Still the same.. ha…

Since my brother has officially settled down with his family here, lucky him, he has many advantages with us being around, unlike me back then when I had to roam this concrete jungle cluelessly. I paid a official visit to his family. His baby daughter Nadia is reputable for rejecting strangers and OAKKKK… even Mom and Dad need few days to approach her. For me, I always think that kids will be scared of me, although it’s not proven so from my bigbro’s children, I still don’t have the confidence. Normally if I see cute stranger’s kids I will make faces and sometime the kids will return and mimic my expression, sometimes they laugh but sometimes they hide with horror or give ‘almost cry’ faces, lucky I always escape on time.

Fortunately, Nadia didn’t scared of me, she even asked me to carry her by waving her arm toward me, she also read newspaper with me. Ten months old, but I guess she can understand when I read the newspaper for her. At least it looked like she understood..! One thing great, I think she is like me, hehe.. she wants to eat everything. When her grandma gave her apple, she chewed it religiously, but then we decided the skin is too hard for her, so the grandma took it away from her and wanted to peel out the skin in the kitchen. When Nadia saw the grandma disappear with her food, she turned around and found the source, fruits on the plate, in front of my nose. Alarmed, I took the plate and before I knew she was already next to me and trying to reach for the plate. Didn’t have the chance to stand, I had to raise my hand holding the plate higher. She was furious, she grabbed my shirt, my shoulder and stood up (she can’t walk yet) and also tried to reach to my hand. I was panic, I put the plate on the floor as far as my hand could stretch, she quickly changed strategy and crawled toward it. Lucky her mom came with the apple otherwise there would be crawling competition which I never win when I tried to do it against babies..

Caltex Go-Kart Championship! Hubby's team is Top Six, unknown whether it's 4/5/6.
Not bad at all...!