Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fuel Station

Yesterday I was talking to my Japanese friend. She said something very cute, but made me think. She was very excited to go back to her hometown soon for holiday, and she told me that going back to Japan is her fuel, she needs to refill her energy every half a year or less. Then she told me that going diving must be my fuel, which indeed, I totally agree.

I guess every one has it. Whether it’s favorite place or favorite things to do, human needs refill. In my Uni time, I don’t really have special place to refill, because I studied in wonderful place. There are few lakes that I could patron; one with a lot of life, water lily, tadpoles and beautiful sight. One for activities like kayaking or rubber boating. One for morning jogging track along the reservoir. There are numerous natural places that we could go. Walking among the giant trees and beautiful fallen leaves, lying down on the nice smelling grass, relaxing while listening to the music of bamboo trees, or climb the big trees, the trees are really climbing friendly, they have big sequential barks you can hold on too, and there are normally very spacey area on the top that can fit two or three people.

I was so lucky to stay in my fuel station back then. Sometimes I went for the additional super turbo refilling by joining my group activities. Staying in Indo is generous fuel filling too, especially during uni time where we have groups with various activities we can go to with the low lowest of budget. Few hours drive and we can get to almost anywhere special. Nice beaches, developed tourist beaches or beautiful remote untouched ones. Nice mountain, nice beautiful cliff or nice lakes and waterfalls.

Even though my fuel station has changed its shape, it still has the same concept, as long as it’s natural, I can get it. It’s only more difficult and far now, I need more effort and sacrification to go it.

What is you fuel station?



Man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard.
- Chief Standing Bear, Ponca Nation


Under cherry blossom there are no strangers.
- Issa, Japan


The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.
- Albert Einstein



.