Monday, August 27, 2007

Go Go-Karting

Bunch of us went go-karting on Thursday. Some for important purpose, some for fun and tryout, like me. I hesitated and had shrinking confidence at first, but the heck, I’ve tried before, it wouldn’t hurt me this time. What made me hesitate was that the cars are pro cars, so it could go fast and make me end up inside shrubs because the track was bloody short and full of twists and turns.

It started to get dark when we had our turn. So we positioned ourselves, four of us. The crew went around to turn on our engine, it used pull starter, and when the guy tried to on my machine, plong…the pull starter was broken. So I had to switch to the car inside while all my three companions had started moving, so unfair…. The crew gave me some tedious time also because they asked me to sit with a hard pillow on my back, just because I’m a girl, huh, but my legs are long enough…

It was quite fun driving go kart, although I can’t really forget my real talent as a bumper car driver ha…. I skidded twice because I didn’t bother to break during U turn, sometimes there was a devil in me asking me to speed and unknowingly I had the gas full but average, it was quite a decent ride lah.. went above the curb once, during the eighth minutes, it started to rain and the car skidded easily especially during one sharp U-turn. Overall, it was quite fun although the track was not well maintained, there were a lot of wild grass and sand, and I just have to grumble my late start because of failed machine.

Although it’s not good enough to relieve the burden I had in my head from problems in office, it was quite a substitute..



You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.
- Anonymous (as quoted by Arnold Bax in Farewell My Youth – 1943)