Thursday, May 18, 2006

Ho-hum

I admit, I have this laziness disease. My only devoted time for serious computer works, like..uhm..writing blog are during office hours. That is why I haven’t completed even a quarter of journey story because I don’t have much leisure time these few weeks. When I am at home, I could never be serious with computer, I could spend hours playing, two weeks ago smoke even came out from my computer because I played all day long during super hot summer. But when I try to do something serious, even something fun like holiday research, or write, I found my forehead on my keyboard in minutes, I had OIUYTRE written there once, or ERTYUIO if you are Arabic reader, or EDCRFVTGB if you are Chinese reader. Observe your keyboard if you are confused.

These three weeks, many things happen, although I can’t remember what happen a week before I went to Menado, it was sort of blur except I got a call from my Korean friend. He is mysterious one, he is able to locate me anytime anywhere, but he CAN’T be located, such as he doesn’t have fixed email address, fixed telephone number or house address (Come to think of it, I’ve never asked, anyway we have never had frequent enough email exchange for this kind of ‘have to be written’ information.) So, he calls me often enough for us to know each other news, but this time, he was here, in Singapore.

He called on Friday afternoon, but I missed the call. When I called back, he missed the call. At the evening, he called again. He would be in Singapore until Sunday and asked to meet up on Saturday, but I would have to catch my plane very early on Saturday. After speechless for a while, with broken Indonesian, he said, half laughing, “Ini tidak adil.”
So, until next time he locates me, because after he left Singapore, I don’t have his contact again.

One week after that, Saturday 13th evening, we touched down on Singapore. I had my younger brother who just married recently with his wife as my guests. They were my most ignored guests because I didn’t have the mood to go to town; anyway they had their own plans.

Gotta get back to work, hopefully I can dig up a complete journal next something.
Next week, next…

___________________________________________________________________________________

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.
- Douglas Adams

The amount of sleep required by the average person is just five minutes more.
- Anonymous

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
- Albert Einstein

I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.
- Joel Hodgson

Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?
- Steven Wright