Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here To Our Friend

I just watched the painful divorce process of my friend.
It's devastating I can tell, from all the fairy tale that turned into ugly drama.
Her spouse did everything he could to avoid the divorce, but all the wrong thing, in the name of money. He lives off
from her, and if they are separated, his money source is gone. He even tried to get custody of their son, for the hostage
of money, with ugly ways, I mean really really ugly. From kidnaping to trying to put his wife in jail for false accusation,
I almost can't believe that it is happening.

So when she finally went through the final court, with divorce on her hand, I didn't know what to say.
That is what she wants. But should I say congritulation? To what? To the failed marriage? To be happy for her that the man that she loved and trust ended up as her nightmare and the one who hurts her badly?
Although that is her goal at the moment, it is not her goal at all. I don't think anybody in their right mind would get married to be divorced again someday, if love is the reason. However, after all the dramas, it's a happy ending for her to get out from the hellish relationship, maybe it's not the end yet. Now, they have to split everything, sell the house, and she wants full custody of her son, which is going to be another stressful process I believe.

But my friend is a very strong person, she is very optimistic and always looks at the bright side.
So when she gets the result, me and our other friend suggest that we should celebrate, and because the person loves to sing very much, and as I read everywhere that singing is a very good way to relieve stress, here comes the dreaded reality of life, of me... We finally agreed to have a karaoke session for three of us, after our exam.

And so we did! Man...the last time I went for karaoke was.....huh...more than ten years ago. But set aside all the deaf tunes, we were having good time and two of my friends sang their heart out. I think I kind of carried away also, mhe he he...it's good that we felt free among ourselves.

Bad ex-husband...exam...work stress...hear we sing!