Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Two Great Advices

I’ve learned two things from my lecturers. These two things are very relevant and important in life that I still remember it while I have forgotten all the subjects I have passed. Lecturers are smart people, although not every lecturer is, but most of them are smarter than average people and some are extremely smart.

So these are the two things I want to share:
1. Always prepare to go.
One lecturer told us that we have to prepare to move on even before we settle down. He was talking about job and office. Anytime, anywhere, if you need to leave, leave. If your boss asks you to leave or if you want to leave, make sure you can grab everything in one go. Don’t drag. Don’t look back. Don’t take days to pack up your things. Nothing is forever. I think it’s a very good advice, what he means is deeper than personal physical things.

2. Be nice to your enemy.
This lecturer told us that no matter how mad he is to a person, he always comes and greets the person with a smile. He said, I don’t want to be stress by this person. Why I still greet him everyday, is so that he would be the one who feels the stress, annoyed, not me. Not only I want to see him stress, I want him to drop dead! Because he must be very upset I keep smiling at him, nothing he do can bring me down. Not only morning, at night, I still find time to greet him good night.
Mhahahaha.. I really love this one.

So to say, we really should learn from those who have been around very long.




Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- Oscar Wilde

Do not hit at all if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.
- Theodore Roosevelt


.